Saturday 27 August 2016

52CCT - Technique ....

... Morning! Can you believe it's the last Saturday in August? Me neither!! This month has simply flown by, but it does mean that it's time for our new challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT34-16. This week we have a technique challenge - we want you to use WATERCOLOURS on your Christmas/Winter cards. I had so much fun that I ended up making two cards:

Silent Night 1 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSilent Night 2 - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Wonderland; Clearly Besotted - All Occasion Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Kaleidacolour - Caribbean Sea, Desert Heat; Memento - London Fog; Versamark
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Ranger - Watercolour Card; Brusho; Clear and White Embossing Powders



I've had my Brushos for a while but not actually used them, so this week's challenge was the perfect opportunity to get them out and play. I LOVE them!! I got the idea for this card from this week's MUSE Challenge - MUSE#180 - I think Marilyn's card is so pretty. I die cut a panel of watercolour card, stamped the Christmas trees and sentiment and heat embossed them with clear powder. I sprinkled some yellow and red brusho powder on the panel and lightly spritzed it with water. Then the magic happened - I really like the way the watercolour powder reacts with water and gives pretty bursts of colour. Once the panel was dry I randomly stamped some snowflakes and heat embossed them with white powder. I enjoyed it so much that I made a second card, this time with shades of green, yellow and turquoise Brusho. On this card I stamped the sentiment on some vellum, heat embossed it with clear powder and wrapped it round the finished panel. I adhered both finished panels to black card and attached them to the front of a card blank. On the inside I cut a mat of black card and on the white panel stamped some more trees and a Christmas greeting - using ink to match the front of the cards.

Silent Night 1 inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSilent Night 2 inside  - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

As the Christmas trees are silhouettes, I'm going to enter the current Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#95 challenge. I'm not too sure whether they are CAS enough!! I'm also playing along with this week's Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#208 where the theme is Holiday.

Silent Night 1 sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSilent Night 2 sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Do visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the team. I don't want to worry anyone, but there are only 17 more Saturdays until Christmas day!!! Have fun!

signature

13 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Both are GORGEOUS! LOVE your backgrounds!

Ardyth said...

Love seeing the comparison of the two colour schemes! Really pretty! so glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Deborah! I love the effect of your Brushos for the background on both cards...so striking! Beautiful CAS design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Buffy said...

Lovely cards Debs. You always make great scenery cards.
Hugs
Buffy xx

Marilyn said...

Deborah,
Thank you for finding inspirations from my card to create both of your beautiful cards. Your color blending is perfect for the tree images. Hugs, Marilyn

Susan said...

Wow, you've been busy. Your background watercoloring is amazing...your colors are vibrant! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Vikki said...

Great cards Deb, your backgrounds look amazing! Those trees really caught my eye...I will have to keep an eye out for them and add them to my collection.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

I love the backgrounds you have created. Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More. Good Luck!

Emma - DT

Patricia Hays said...

You have two great cards here, Deborah! The backgrounds remind me of photos I've seen of the aurora borealis.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! They all are gorgeous Christmas cards! Love your watercoloring/blending work.
Thank You for playing along with Addicted To Stamps and More - Holiday Challenge

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member

Fabiola said...

elles sont aussi magnifique l'une que l'autre Deborah, j'ai un tout petit penchant pour celle en rouge pour la lumière qu'elle dégage mais quelle beauté! biz

Robyn Oliver said...

Super cards Deborah, loving the bright backgrounds

Anonymous said...

I love both your cards Deborah, especially the blue - both beautifully done. Hugs, Gill xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...