Sunday 23 October 2016

Coffee and ....

.... Morning! I found another couple of coffee themed challenges this week over at CASology - CAS#220 and also at Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#99. Now, as a coffee lover with lots of stamp sets featuring coffee, I just had to play along. I used the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown - CTD#415. Here's my card:

Together like - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - We Go Together, Coffee Set
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso, Rose Red, Bermuda Bay
Dies: WMS - We Go Together
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Early Espresso, Very Vanilla; SU DP - Early Espresso; Copics; Cuttlebug EF - Spots 'n' Dots; SU Marker - Early Espresso; Wink of Stella - Clear


I made the card from dark brown card and cut a panel of cream card slightly smaller than the base. I embossed this panel with spots and dots - kind of like doughnuts!!! I stamped the cup of coffee on white card and on cream card. On the white card I coloured the cup band with Copics, stamped on a flower and then fussy cut it out. I also cut out the cup lid. I stamped the doughnuts on cream card and on white card. I coloured the frosting with Copics and stamped on different types of sprinkles. I fussy cut the frosting and adhered them to the doughnuts. I used a marker to colour all the cut edges. I created the sentiment panel by stamping the words on cream card and matting on brown design paper. I cut another panel of cream card for the inside, completed the sentiment and added another doughnut. I added sparkle to the doughnut frosting with a clear Wink of Stella brush!

Together like inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsTogether like square - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I've been tidying up my craft room and came across these super sets from Waltzingmouse. Now, while Waltzingmouse Stamps has sadly closed up shop, Claire Brennan, who designed these stamps, is now working over at Gina K and you can get both We Go Together and Coffee Set over there! Claire has created some new sets for Gina K - and I think they're going into a shopping basket soon!

I hope you're all having a good weekend. We had an "at home" day yesterday - I was crafting, Jonathan edited some photos and Kat got her homework done. And today, we're all off to a photo shoot with one of our favourite models - the fabulous Miss Miller. It should be a fun shoot as it's costume themed and we'll get to see some of Diane's wonderful tattoos! Here are couple of photos of Miss Miller from our January shoot! They're the only ones I've edited so far!!



Whatever your plans are today - have fun and be safe!

signature

5 comments:

Susan said...

Nothing better than donuts and coffee....cute card! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Deborah! I love how you designed your card, and your color combo is fabulous! Love how you stamped the inside, too!

Great photos from your January shoot! You are such a talent...WOW!

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet card...inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Donuts and coffee are a perfect pairing and I love the texture from that embossing folder, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

Such a joyful card, Deborah! I love the way you have incorporated the main colours in your sentiment too! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology. As for your photoshoot - wow! You are a lady of many talents!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...