Thursday 9 September 2010

Hello world ....

... I've finally decided to take the plunge and have a go at creating a Blog.  I've been inspired by some really brilliant crafting blogs and thought it was time to give it a go.  It's taken me most of this evening to try and work out the ins and outs of "Blogger", and I not convinced I've managed it. 

For Madeline
I think for my first post I'm going to include a picture of one of my cards.  I made it for my mother-in-law, Madeline, for her birthday in July (so it's quite recent).  I think the elegant lady stamp was so appropraite - she's a stylish lady!

I stamped the image using memento black ink and coloured it with promarkers (which I only discovered this year, but think are fab).  The backing paper was free with from one of the craft magazines; it had just the right feel - feminine, but not too sweet.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the lace border and coloured a white organza ribbon with the promarkers to match the green handbag.  I cut the shapes using the wonderful Spellbinder nesties - mega ovals.  Finally I added some flowers and gems. 

That's all for now as it's rather late (or early, it sort of depends on your point of view) - told you it's taken most of the evening to try and get to grips with blogging!    I shall be back again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...