Monday 4 October 2010

So warm today ...

... it's really tough to decide on what to wear in the morning.  First thing it was rather dull and grey, but by lunchtime it was fabulous.  Really blue skies, sunshine and warm!!  I'm not complaining at all - in fact I'm loving it.

We had craft class this morning and I've been busy working on more bits for my Christmas cards.  I haven't actually got any finished ones yet, but I'll get there.  It was fun this morning - we all caught up on the local news and shared tips.  It's a lovely way to spend the morning.


As I've not made any new cards today, I thought I'd go back to showing you some of the cards I made earlier this year. 

My sister-in-law, Charlotte, shares her birthday with her brother, they're not twins; she's 7 years younger than Jonathan.  So it means that April is a busy time for me.  Kathryn decided that she'd like to send her Aunty a special card, and instead of doing one herself Kathryn asked me to make one.  I don't need a second invitation - I had a great time deciding what to do.  This was an easy card to make.  It was an A6 pink glitter card onto which I mounted the topper I'd made.  I used a Nellie Snellen Rectangle die to cut the silver frame, and the black card insert.  On the black card I stamped this lovely cupcake image which comes from Inkadinkado Boxed Wishes.  I added a cupcake topper that came free with one of the magazines, but was just so right for the card.  And finally, I added some glitter - we always need a little bling.

Kathryn was very pleased with the card - so was her Aunty.



As I said above, Jonathan shares his birthday with his sister, so Kathryn also need a card for her Daddy.  Consequently, I was rather busy. 

I love this Forever Friends teddy - it was just perfect for a card from a little girl to her Daddy.  I coloured the image with Prisma pencils and mineral oil (to blend the pencils).  It was the first time I'd used the technique and I was rather pleased how well it turned out.  The backing papers came free with one of the craft magazines - not sure which one, but they were just the right colour for the card and image.  The happy birthday greeting was from Craftworkcards, and the words "Dad" and "It's your Day" are from Waltzingmouse Stamps - Free Spirit Sentiments, and really worked with the card.

Jonathan loved the card which, of course, delighted Kathryn.  I was quite pleased too - I got to play with new techniques and please my family - a win/win situation. 

Right, I've got to get back to the OU books - not long until the assignment is due in.  I tend to find at this time that TMA (tutor marked assignments) avoidance techniques creep in.  And that can involve anything from crafting (always a good idea) to doing housework!!  So I'll say good night for now, and I'll be back again tomorrow.

4 comments:

B said...

Oh Deborah, these are so cute! :) Love the cupcake on black for the first card and the fun coloring on the second!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Deborah! I am always a push over when it comes to cupcakes! The lil' bear & birthday cake is darling :)

Pauline said...

Lovely cards Deb, I love forever friends bear, always makes me smile x

Paula (PEP) said...

Pencils are amazing aren't they? Intriguing - I've just looked at the date of your posting & you wrote it was your first time colouring with this technique - we were both doing it for the first time, except I'm aspiring to the Prisma's & using Coloursoft - I was loading my WOJ card on the Monday you were colouring having played with the colouring over that weekend.......
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...