Saturday 23 October 2010

Trains, boats, planes ....

.... balloons and cars!!  Off to see my Mum for half-term.  I'm going to be extremely busy helping sort through all her stuff.  She's down sizing from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom bungalow.  It's going to be a bit fraught - but well worth the effort.

So I thought that the card I showcased today would have a travel theme.  I decided on a card I made last year for a charity sale.



The A6 card was preprinted with this lovely soft, subtle background so I simply added the map image which was embossed with gold.  I've used this stamp a few times as it works particularly well on cards for men.  The balloons were really easy to make - I cheated!!  They are peeloffs that come with a coordinating backing sheet.  |You simply lay them on the sheet and cut out!!  Easy.  I decided to add a small greeting to the card - its from Craftwork cards (I think).

That's for for now - back soon.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Lovely card, love the colourful balloons :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The design is delightful with that embossed map & the balloons in front of & behind. I like the way you made use of the background & built on that concept.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...