Tuesday 4 January 2011

Thank you card ...

... for a challenge at Stamping with Brenda.  Brenda has a sketch challenge which usually runs for two weeks - and I'm running close to the deadline with this card.  The sketch is really nice, but I've taken a few liberties with it!



I got some lovely bright oriental papers that came free with Quick Cards Made Easy today, so that was the inspiration for my thank you card - you always need to have a few ready, just in case!!  I used my favourite Waltzingmouse stamps for the main image and background strip - I used Asian Gardens - lots of lovely images in the set.  It's a bright and fun card.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Asian Gardens
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Pastel; Memento - Rich Cocoa, Pear Tart, Cottage Ivy, New Sprout
Accessories:  Papers (as described above); Martha Stewart punch

Kathryn and I had a really fun day today - we spent some time out at the shops this morning, and then this afternoon Kathryn played with her new computer game and I crafted!!!  It was a fun way to spend the last day of her hols.

Do drop by again tomorrow - lots to show you!!

4 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

A lovely bright card to liven up a cold, grey day! Glad you and Kathryn had a lovely last day of the hols.

Paula (PEP) said...

Super way of interpreting the sketch - love that MS punched edging. The background stamped with Kaleidacolor is rather splendid & I love the shape of that oriental tree.
Good you had a nice girlie day too.
Paula (PEP)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, love that tree, it reminds me of my bonzai growing days many years ago :o)
Jackie xx

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful! You can take liberties in interpreting my sketches any time. Happy to that you and your daughter had a great day! Thanks for playing along with the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge! Hope you join again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...