Friday 18 February 2011

Oven fresh ...

... this card is for two challenges.  The first is from Stamptacular Sunday - where they would like us to make a project that features food.  Over at Little Red Wagon the challenge this week is to use some misting on your project.

On one of my recent trips to my local craft shop I picked up some Cosmic Shimmer sprays - I had a voucher from a previous shop so these were basically free!!  For the base card I used a pearly champagne card from my stash and decided to bling it up by using the sprays.  I added three colours - Ancient Copper, Golden Mint and Meadow Lush - drying each before applying the next colour.  Then, using my favourite rodent stamps, I stamped the pie and pear onto plain white card.  I coloured both images with Promarkers and then over sprayed with more Cosmic Shimmer spray this tie in Gold.  I cut out the pie and pear, stuck the pie to the centre of the card and then stamped the frame and greeting.  Finally I added the pear to the corner.  Such a yummy looking card!!  It has such a lovely shimmer.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Peace and Plenty, Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Cosmic Shimmer Sprays:  Ancient Copper, Golden Mint, Meadow Lush, Gold
Promarkers: Forest Green, Pear Green, Lime Green, Chestnut, Cinnamon, Oatmeal, Apricot, Ruby

I've a lot on today - planning for Scouts this evening.  I always seem to save it up to do just before the meeting!!  Tonight we're looking at - SPACE.  We've been given a telescope for the Group - it's not been used before, so I don't know what it'll be like, but we'll have a play.  I'm also going to take my binoculars along - it's a full moon, so we should get some great views of the moon's surface - cloud permitting!!

Hopefully, I'll be able to post again later this evening.  Have a good day.

7 comments:

Lexxie said...

Fab theme for a card!! I love the use of the Cosmic Shimmer sprays, it looks really effective,
Fab work,
Love Sarita xx

Pauline said...

Love this, the colouring on the pear is super! I want to get my pie stamp out now and make something! Yum yum! xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Scouts sounds like it will be right up your alley. Love the shading on that pear. Think I'm admitting defeat with Less Is More - I've been trying all week, probably a whole day's crafting in the bin & no further except knowing myself a little better perhaps!!
Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Rosanne said...

This is lovely Deb! Love the misted background, thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Stella said...

Your pear looks so real; your coloring is absolutely fabulous. Love your use of shimmerz. And it;s for the first time I see a pie stamp. What a cutie; and looking at this one makes me hungry. Time to go to bed before I start eating :)

Avril Tanner said...

Such a great card! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

Jenna ♥ said...

Adorable card! The pear looks so real!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...