Saturday 26 March 2011

Ness Gardens ...

... just a quick post with some photos that I took yesterday at Ness Gardens.  It was so lovely - the weather was perfect - warm with hazy sunshine - great for pictures.  And spring is so here!!  The birds were singing their hearts out.  My Mum and I had a wonderful time walking round looking at the beautiful flowers, enjoying the sounds of the birds, the buzzing of bees and sounds of gardeners in the grounds.  A lovely way to spend the morning.


  

I love the sweet smell of magnolia tress - and this is a truly magnificent tree.  And here's my Mum - relaxing in the sunshine - she's a wonderful person, and I love her dearly.








Hellebores or Christmas Roses - such a lovely sight in early Spring gardens - there are a lot of them around Ness Gardens - in all sorts of colours.  This is a fabulous deep pink one - there are also pale creamy white ones.  And I was really lucky, as my Mum bought me a couple for my garden.  And I know just where they're going to go.







When I was a little girl - I think one of the first signs of spring was the appearance of primroses.  We used to live in a little village in Devon - and I have memories of walking along hedgerow paths and see these tiny, pale yellow flowers lining the edges of the path.  And they still bring back great memories.  So it was lovely to see this super patch of primroses at Ness - they have them in pink too!!
























A single magnolia bloom - which is the most perfect dark pink, with a heavenly scent - just wish photos could give you the smell too!!  And a catkin handing from a silver birch tree - it was so lovely!!




The picture above is called "Under the Microscope" and is based on Chris Beardshaw's Gold medal winning garden "Ness Botanische" at Tatton in 2009.  It's amazing and will look spectacular once the planting has time to fill out.  It leads to the potting sheds and the wonderful magnolia trees behind!!  Such a great day out!

Now, I'm waiting for some of today's challenges to go live - particularly Less is More and Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge, so I'm off for breakfast.  I'll be back later today with some cards to share.

12 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

What wonderful photos Deborah! Looks like Spring has arrived! TFS

Pauline said...

Fab pics Deborah, it was a lovely day here yesterday too, git gloomy today though. Hope you're having a lovely weekend xxx

Pauline said...

Really sorry about my typing lol! I of course meant it's a BIT gloomy, not git!! Oh dear, I really have to watch what I type lol!!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful pictures Deb! It's such a beautiful day here, if we didn't have chores to do, I think a trip to the gardens would have been perfect - tomorrow maybe! :)

jimlynn said...

Fabulous photos!
Lynn

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful photos Deborah.

Donna x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous piccy`s Deborah, makes me want to get out and about a bit more.
Thanks for your comment on my blog.Of course I don`t mind you borrowing it, I would be flattered.
Lynne xxx

Stella said...

Gorgeous pictures and such a great pic of your mum. You both look a lot alike. ( Or am I wrong? )
Yes spring is here too; finally although the weather today has been a bit chilly....

Sarn said...

What lovely photo's. Looks like you picked a great day to go.
Hugs, Sandra

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for sharing these photos Deborah. The gardens look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo's Deborah. I visited Ness Gardens for the first time last May, thought they were just stunning. Loved the Rock Garden and the Willow Sculptures and we had timed it perfectly as every single rhododendron, azalea and magnolia were in flower!

Hugs
Brenda

Tara Cardwell said...

Looks like you had a lovely day :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...