Saturday 28 May 2011

Less is More 17, No 2 ...

..... the sketch challenge over at Less is More is super - the idea is to select one of the squares and confine your image and sentiment to just that area with lots of white space.



Earlier this evening, I posted a couple of cards that I'd made concentrating on the top left square.  But this sketch gives us so much scope to play and I do like to centralise stamps on square cards - so I made another card.

This time I've gone for a modified square and a more elegant design.  I've got quite a collection of Spellbinder dies and decided to use Labels 3 for this card - it's a lovely shape and I don't use them often enough.  First I stamped one of the frames from Very Vintage Labels No 3 (Waltzingmouse) and embossed with gold for some luxury.  Then, while still in the die, I added colour with my distress inks.  The lily is from my new Stampin' Up! set.  It's lightly coloured with the same distress inks and I used my Sakura Stardust pen to colour the stamens and add speckles to the lily petals.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Very Vintage Labels No 3, Sweethearts; Stampin' Up! - Fifth Avenue Florals
Inks:  Versamark; Distress - Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade
Spellbinders:  Labels 3 (S4-189) die #4
Accessories:  Card, embossing powder, Sakura pen - from stash

It's so nice to have Ben here - he's got so tall - just shy of 6 feet!!  I have to look up at him now.  I have a feeling he's not stopped growing yet.  Kathryn was delighted to see her brother and they've been playing together happily - mostly :)  I've had lots of fun with this sketch and think I may have a few more cards to share with you next week.

Now, it's getting late and I'm off to bed.  Don't forget that tomorrow is the new CR84FN colour challenge - do drop by and play along with the challenge.  Bye for now.

23 comments:

Kim S said...

I love how you put together the stamps from various companies.

Tara Cardwell said...

This is gorgeous - one of my faves from this weeks challenge. I don't have labels 3 but I might have to add them to the wishlist now - particularly if there's a matching WM set to go with!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Love this card Deborah, it's so different and original!
Val x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Deborah. Carol x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Deb. Love that flower image and the colors are perfect. :o)

Jenny said...

Just love that lily, you've coloured it perfectly too. Fab card :)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

What a super stamp
Great colours
Thanks very much
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the colour!
Helen x

Kathyk said...

A fab rich looking card

Kathyk

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Sarn said...

I really LOVE this one Debs. It's FAB.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the shape of your central square and how the lily overlaps the frame. How lovely to have your son to visit! Enjoy! Vx

Diane said...

You are right, it is very elegant...love the colors, and a great idea to use the label die!!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is very beautiful Deb. Your coloring is wonderful and the image and shape you used are very classy indeed!

Carol Wilde said...

Lovely flower and colour !

Carol

Suze Bain said...

Love the colours you've used for the frame. A very pretty & elegant card. xx

Beryl K said...

This is lovely,
Beryl x

kelly said...

loving that flower! and what a gorgeous frame!
Kelly xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh so gorgeous~

Marlena M. said...

Awesome flower, awesome shape of the frame! ;)

Chrissie said...

This is a very elegant flower Deborah and such beautiful tones!
Thanks so much for another super card.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Beautiful flower, Deborah!! Love the colors!
My card is HERE

Lisa A. said...

Oh how very pretty, Deborah!! You layered your lovely flower beautifully...very nice:)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...