Sunday 31 July 2011

CR84FN35 ...

... it's hard to believe it's the last day of July already.  I swear that the year is flying by.  Anyway, it's time for the new CR84FN challenge and a complete contrast to our recent colours.  This time we have cooler colours - lavender, celery and grey - shades of green and purple - heaven!!!  Don't forget, that over the summer months - we're running the colours for two weeks - so lots of time to play.


Our inspiration photos are courtesy of Creative Mint.  I do like these pictures, particularly the tags!   

Just before my Mum went home last week, I told her to help herself to any cards she wanted - it's always useful to have some ready.  Well, she took me at my word - my card stash has been cut by half!!!  I have hardly any thank you cards left, no baby or wedding cards, and no sympathy cards.  So I've decided to use our colours to make a start on replacing some of these cards.  I've started with a sympathy card.


Pansies are the sweetest flower and they have long been associated with flowers of remembrance, so they are perfect for a sympathy card.  These pretty ones come from my somewhat neglected Afternoon Tea set from Waltzingmouse.  I stamped the image three times in black versafine and embossed with clear powder to give a sharply defined flowers.  I coloured the images with Promarkers and then cut out layers - the full set, just the three flowers and finally a single pansy.  My trusty Spellbinders nesties were used to cute the lavender and white mats.  What would I do without my Spellbinders?  I found this lovely piece of silver grey vellum in my stash and used my Martha Stewart "around-the-page" punches to create the loopy border.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment - again embossed to give more depth to the colour. 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Frame-It, Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Spellbinders: Big Scalloped Circles Sm (S4-250) #5, Standard Circles Sm (S4-116) #5
Accessories:  Martha Stewart punches; Vellum and card from stash

I've taken a close up of the pansies - they really are very pretty.  I have lots of pansies in my garden hanging baskets - but they're much brighter than these pale lavender ones!!

Now for more inspiration with these gorgeous colours - do check out the Design Team's blogs:


Today is our Welcome Home party for Jonathan - and I had a busy day yesterday with party preparations - food, drink, tidying!!  It's great to have Jonathan home.  I'll have some photos to share later in the week.

Do drop by tomorrow for St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  That's all for now.  Take care.

28 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the loopy border background you created and your BEAUTIFUL pansies! PRETTY sympathy card! And next time tell your Mum how many she can take! LOL! Well now you have an excuse to stay in your craft room all day!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! Love the pretty cluster of WM flowers and that fun loopy border looks fabulous!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card. Next time you Mun visits, you will have to be careful how you word it when telling her she can have some cards :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

The pansies look great on that pretty vellum background Deborah! I suspect you're really happy for your mum to take those cards as making more is going to be fun!

G Peplow said...

Good morning Deborah, Such a pretty card today, the colours are a big challenge but you've used them brilliantly:0) Glad your husband made it home safely, I hope you all have loads of fun at the party, looks like the weather should be okay ;0) Gay xxx

Pauline said...

A lovely sympathy card Deborah, the pansies ar e a lovely flower to use for sympathy, and the loopy edge looks great too.

Paula (PEP) said...

I always love pansies - particularly the violet shades - there's just something about violet & green. Have a lovely party.
Paula (PEP)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Deb, this is so lovely. Your beautifully die cut background is a splendid backdrop for these sweet pansies. Your sympathy card will bring someone much comfort. Great job.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely soft background. Beautiful pop of color with the pretty pansies! Sweet card. So happy for you and the family that your DH is home.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

The pansies are so pretty. I love the vellum paper. The loopy border was the perfect touch!

Heather Rogers said...

So soft and pretty. Love pansies too...I had a pot that I planted last fall and they stayed alive all winter here because it was not too cold. It actually just got too hot for them and they looked so bad I dumped them. :)

So funny about your mom taking all your cards. That just means there is good reason to make more. I got my birthday card in the mail the other day. It is beautiful...my son even said how pretty it was. :)
Thank you sweetie.
Hugs,
Heather

Barb Turpin said...

Very pretty, love how you created the background...too cute that your mom depleted your stash!

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Deborah. Love the flowers and gorgeous colours.

Donna x

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Sweet card. Did not realize what pansies stood for. Lovely for a sympathy card.

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card Deb! Love those violets! That background paper is so pretty!!! WOW!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely Sympathy card, wondeful coloring of the pansies!

Shannon White said...

What a soft and Lovely Sympathy card. Love the elegant loopy bg and the beautiful pansies.. Just a really lovely card.. 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marie said...

There is beauty in simplicity and this card fits the bill. So very delicate.

Tara Cardwell said...

This is a really elegant card - perfect for a sympathy card which are always quite tricky I think.
Tara x

Buffy said...

Another beautiful card Debs xx

joy said...

Oh beautiful coloring on the pansies and love the loopy border.

Lana said...

Wow! This is just amazing card Deb! Love the colored flowers! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful and soothing, Deb! Love the softly colored pansies!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Deb! Awesome take on the colors...hugs ~S~

Lisa Elton said...

The background on this is gorgeous~great card! Moms...aren't they precious :)

MTNestor said...

Deb,
I love your pansies! Your background paper is beautiful. especially with the MS loopy punched border.

Penny N.

Jen Adcock said...

Fabulous! I must say, that I adore pansies without a doubt, but I am in awe at how flawlessly you were able to work that MS punch! Seriously, I can't ever get it to work. Now in my crafting tool graveyard. ;-) Amazing card!

igła i nitka said...

I like very much background of this card - in my opinion it matches these pansies perfectly:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...