Monday 4 July 2011

Less is More 22 - Part 2 ...

... yesterday afternoon was really entertaining - but the result was not what I wanted.  It was a good men's final - Djokovic v Nadal; a four set match - with Djokovic winning.  It was excellent!

All afternoon I was thinking about another card for this week's Less is More challenge - shades of blue. Easy - my doilies set are made for mono challenges - I had in mind a really pretty card with doilies in varying size in shades of blue, but before heading to my craft room I decided to have a quick look on the LIM blog - and found that I wasn't the only one to think this was a good idea.  These ladies got there first - Hannah M, Jill S and Maja - fantastic work ladies, I knew the doilies would look great!! :)  But, that's no problem - I decided to use my gorgeous Stampin' Up! Fifth Avenue Floral set - but Diane H - had the same thought - it really does look fabulous.  So I had to think again.


I spent ages looking through my Stamp Catalogue - it should have been obvious - Circle Circus!!  So I pulled out the whole set of stamps, selected three shades of blue Stampin' Up! inks and set to work.  My first attempt wasn't quite right - I stamped the circles randomly in an arc - but when I went to position the birthday sentiment, it just wouldn't work!!!  So it was back to the drawing board.


This time I started off by positioning the sentiment in the bottom right corner - used my stamp-a-ma-jig to get just the right spot.  Then I stamped the circles - I made sure that the flower circle was in navy as it is a strong image and I positioned the rest of the circles around it.  I'm pleased how this turned out.



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Circle Circus; Hobby Art - Birthday
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue
Accessories:  Card from stash

It's craft class this morning - so I'm going to have another go a blue LIM card!!  But, before I go I must send celebration wishes all my blogging friends in the USA, have a very

HAPPY 4TH JULY

and I noticed my follower counter has gone up to 92 yesterday - but no new picture icon - so I check down the list and found that Mynnette has joined me - Welcome!!  Now, don't forget check back later :)

21 comments:

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous card...love all the circles and their placement!

Jackie said...

A beautiful, classy card :)
Jackie

elke verschooten said...

Lovely card!

:)

elke

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Deborah!

Happy 4th of July to you! Love the card you show us today, the shades of blue are really pretty this way and love the way you placed the circles! In the second card the sentiment is perfectly part of the design, love that!!!! Great job!!

Hugs, Wendy

Anne said...

Ooh this looks fab with the circles and I see why the 2nd works best for the setiment but the first one will make a lovely card some other time when you re-purpose it:)
Anne
x

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous stamps for this challenge. I like the layout of your first attempt too. xx

Kim S said...

Fabulous job. I love how the flowers flow into the sentiment. And you are right about the flower circle needing to be in dark blue...it grounds it well.

Jenny said...

Lovely card Deborah, sorry Hannah beat you to the WMS...she beat me to using them too :)
Jenny x

Kathyk said...

Love this one too

Kathyk

Mandi said...

Happy 4th July Deborah
Love your card. Circle Circus is one of my favourite sets
Thanks so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Nice one Deborah, you can tell a lot of thought has gone into the colours and the positioning.

Susan said...

Deborah, definitely like the second arrangement the best. Sometimes we just have to play with the images for a while before it all comes together, don't we? Love this! My Card

Toulouse said...

I love the circles and the blue, a really lovely card, it is great to e 'in' on the planning process too!

Vicky Hayes said...

This set looks fabulous in shades of a colour and I love it with that sentiment too.

Lana said...

Very pretty card Deborah! I love the way you stamped the circles!

Happy 4th of July :)

Stella said...

OMG I am in awe again; this is another stunner!

Michelle said...

I love Circle Circus, Deborah, and you've done a beautiful job with it here! Thanks for talking about how you did the positioning, I needed that advice! You wouldn't believe the number of cards I've made with that set that aren't quite right. LOL!
Michelle

Jen W. said...

These are both really awesome, Deb. I love the arc of the circles on the first card. Maybe you just need a really teeny "Hello" sentiment or something for it.

The sentiment is perfectly placed on the second one and I love how that dark blue flowery circle draws your eye around the edges. :)

Theresa said...

Another brillant card. Love all the circles.

Robin said...

Love the card! Super fun!
Robin

Sue said...

Another beautifull card Luv Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...