Thursday 8 December 2011

Glorious green ....

.... one of my favourite colours is green in all shades; vibrant, pastel, subtle, dramatic - I just love GREEN!  So you can imagine how pleased I was when I saw that this week's challenge at Less Is More - LIM44 is a colour challenge, and the colour we must use is GREEN!!!  Brilliant. 

The card I made yesterday for CAS-ual Fridays was largely green and could almost have been submitted for Less is More, but there just wasn't enough white space.  And Chrissie and Mandi really do like us to have a clean and simple card with white space, so I had another go at a green card for my Christmas collection.  I think this one is okay.

In my stash I found this lovely mistletoe pattern vellum and decided to use that on my card.  I coloured the back of the vellum with Prismacolour pencils (but you can't really see that on this card) and then punched the row of Christmas ornaments at the bottom.  I layered the vellum onto some dark green card, added some green ribbon and then attached it all to the card.  I stamped the mistletoe onto some white card and coloured it using my aquapen.  I added some sparkle to the berries and leaves with a clear Sakura Stardust pen.  Finally, using my stamp-a-ma-jig to get accurate positioning, I added a simple sentiment to the corner of the card.  Another card done for this year.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage; Stampin' Up! - Contempo Christmas
Inks:  Distress - Pine Needles; Memento - Cottage Ivy
Accessories:  Martha Stewart - Christmas Ornament punch; Sakura Stardust Pen, Vellum and card from stash

Please excuse the quality of the picture - I've had to scan my card today.  I'll try to take a decent photo later today and upload that one.

It's really windy here this morning, you can hear it howling around the house.  So glad that I'll be in all day in the warm.  I know it's going to be warm as I've got a busy day planned - lots and lots of ironing!!  I did all the holiday washing done in the last couple of days - easy work while I was feeling jet lagged, but now that I'm back on UK time, I'd better get all the ironing done.  I'll set it all up in the lounge and turn on the TV - it'll make the time pass by so much quicker!  That's all for now.  See you tomorrow.

12 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love the vellum and that Christmas sentiment is one of my favourites!
Thanks so much Deborah.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jackie said...

Lovely card, I too am a lover of green in all it's guises. I love that MS punched border :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and just love the sentiment.

Anne

Jenny said...

I had the thought of mistletoe too Deborah but the tree won through!
Fabulous design and love the shade of green on your foliage :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Smashing card Deborah, I love green too and Mistletoe,, yippee nearly Christmas, better get my skates on, LOL Gay xxx
p.s shame about the ironing :0)

Karen said...

Really pretty card Deborah and I love the touch of vellum - it makes cards look so classy Karen x

Pauline said...

Very pretty card Deb, the vellum is lovely.

Vicky Hayes said...

A fabulous card Deborah! I love the vellum embellishment and that sentiment is one of my favourites. I think you've got the right idea - it's just the weather for ironing!

Mandi said...

I lvoe greeen too DEborah
Super card, as always
Thank you very much
mandi LIM

Sarn said...

Oh that's LOVELY x

Susan said...

So pretty...and the perfect patterned paper too!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Green is definitely a favourite of mine too - it's just so versatile & there are so so many versions.....anyhow back to your card - love the way you've got that ornaments border revealing the green.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...