Wednesday 18 April 2012

Happy Birthday to you .....

.... Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sue, Happy Birthday to you!!


This card is for my CR84FN team mate, Sue Lelli.  Sue is celebrating her birthday today - but with all that's going on in my head and house, I completely forgot to send a card.  I'm so sorry it's late; the card will be on its way shortly.   

Stamps:  Stampendous - Corset Ladies; Waltzingmouse - Compact Sentiments; Uniko Studio - Time, Extra Time
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Kaisercraft - Tigerlilly (papers); Lace (from Waltzingmouse); Card from stash

I used our beautiful colours from CR84FN52 and this week's Clean & Simple sketch - FTL186 for the layout. 

In the Kaisercraft pack I found the perfect paper for the FTL challenge - it actually has butterflies on it!  I stamped the body form and butterfly wings directly onto the backing paper, and topped it with a bold birthday greeting.  I made the sentiment panel by sponging on two shades of pink, randomly stamping various images in pink and crumb cake and adding the "Sorry I'm Late!" sentiment in black.  I wrapped lace around the panel and attached it to the card.  One of the special papers in the pack had lots of beautiful glossy butterflies; I carefully cut out three to add to the card.

That's all for now - I hope to have another card to share with you later today.  See you soon.

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Absolutely stunning Deborah!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Deborah, those butterflies on the paper are gorgeous! Sue will love this!

Heather Rogers said...

It is beautiful Deborah. I know Sue will LOVE it! :)

Hugs~

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm sure Sue will understand that things have been pretty hectic for you just lately! Good news about the release of your containers. It'll be lovely to have all your things around you again - especially your craft stash I'm sure! Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

I bet you cant wait for your containers to arrive...gorgeous birthday card Deborah...hope you are settling well in your new home

Anne

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, I love those flutterbies :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Super incorporation of the patterned paper into the sketch & the lace adds such a lovely feminine touch.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...