Saturday 2 June 2012

Thank you ....

.... this is a quick post to say thank you to all you wonderful ladies who have sent me the most lovely cards - they have pride of place on my mantle!


Here are a few close up shots - I'm blessed to have such creative and kind friends - thank you.




And the one below is very special - made by my darling daughter, Kathryn.  She's used my favourite colours.


Sadly, I've not been able to make many cards this week.  I've been experiencing a rather painful left elbow over the last week or two, and this past week it's got worse.  And last night, it went!!  Typing this is taking me quite a long time - as I'm having to do it almost one-handed!  For a touch-typist that's painful ;(  I've got tennis elbow and the only thing I can do it rest my arm, ice it regularly and take pain killers.  Hopefully, it'll have eased soon and I can go and play with my crafty birthday goodies!!  It does give me the perfect excuse to sit down and catch up on all the past episodes of Grey's Anatomy - currently on S5!!!

Later this afternoon we are all going over to our friends, fellow ex-pats, and we're going to celebrate 4 birthdays - mine, Alex (my friend's son who was 13 last week), Sophie and her daughter Isla - who share a birthday on 4th June.  And, as we're missing the Jubilee celebrations, we're having our own here!!

Bye for now.

11 comments:

M said...

So many pretty cards - and your daughter's is particularly great :) Hope your tennis elbow feels better soon! Enjoy your celebrations! M x

Tara Cardwell said...

Happy Birthday Deborah - such a shame you've got tennis elbow on your birthday though - I had that last year and crafting made it so much worse and it was almost as painful to not do it as the pain doing it caused! Catching up on Greys sounds the perfect medicine to me - we just watched the finale of Season 8 on Thursday :-D
Tara
x

Jenny said...

Happy birthday Deboah, glad to see my card made it!!!
Sorry to hear about your painful elbow...make sure you follow doctors advice and rest it up!!
A party sounds just what the doctor ordered to cheer you up :0)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Birthday Deborah!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day and hope it is as special as you are! Love all your birthday cards :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Glad to hear you had a good Birthday and hope the elbow gets better soon. Take care. x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Happy Birthday Deborah!! What a beautiful array of handmade cards... and Kathryn did such a wonderful job!

Shannon White said...

Aww, Sounds like you had a Wonderful Birthday Miss Deb! Yay! 8-) So glad! You so Deserve it Lady! 8-) Sure hope your Elbow feels better soon! And Love all your Wonderful Birthday Cards too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Pauline said...

Hope you had a great evening with your friends, so lovely to see all your lovely cards on your mantel, it looks enormous!
Hope your have a great Sunday, it's absolutely chucked it down with rain all day, and set to do so tomorrow which is a shame as we are meant to be going to a village pic nic for the jubilee. Not in this rain! My children have already said they won't go if it rains!

Ardyth said...

Happy Birthday! Hope that arm mends very, very quickly!

Mynn xx said...

Happy belated birthday! So sorry to hear about your arm! :( A crafter's WORST NIGHTMARE! Get well soon!!! :)

Sue Lelli said...

What a LOVELY post, Deb! I think you should feel pretty special with all of those cards and I LOVE all of the photos! The card from your daughter was the BEST of all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...