Monday 24 September 2012

New challenge ....

.....  today my card is for a couple of challenges.  One oldish and one new.  Well, it's not exactly a new challenge, but for some reason I totally missed it!!  Since moving to the States I've been finding "new" stamps companies and getting new stash.  One of the companies (and I've seen their stamps and dies before) new to me is My Favourite Things - and I think it will be!!!!  They have a sketch challenge every Wednesday - they're up to number 90, so I've very late joining in :)


Stamps: Die-namics - Bookmark Duo
Inks:  Distress - Shaded Lilac, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean; Stampin' Up! - Basic Grey
Spellbinders: Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #4, Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #4
Accessories:  PTI - Bookprint Impression Plate; Dawn Bibby paper; Promarkers - Ice Grey 1, Canary; Card and gems from stash

I used two challenges to make this card:



One of my passions is reading, and when I saw this bookmark set on MFT I just had to have it.  I used one of my most favourite quotes as the focal point for the card and used the colours from the current RIC challenge - so bright, so fresh.     I made the base layer with the bookprint impression plate from PTI - an ideal match!  I used the open book to make the two panels across the card, echoing the bright colours in the RIC image.  I found some super grey striped paper in my stash to echo the runway in the image.  I stamped the sentiment and coloured the letters with just a touch of yellow, and mounted it onto a pale grey panel.  The little circle was stamped in pale lilac to pick up the lilac in the runway.  I finished off with some square gems in black.

That's all for now - I'm off to do school lunch cover today and then off to get my shiny new Michigan Driving Licence.  See you soon.

4 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Love the sentiment you used for your feature image Deborah and the colour theme is lovely!

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the idea of this card Deborah and the sentiment is oh so true...lovely card

Anne

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I really love the embossed background on your card! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card! So glad you joined us at the Runway Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...