Thursday 27 September 2012

Shades of green ....

.... over the last week, I've been having fun browsing the Internet - checking out various challenges.  I've seen Dynamic Duos a few times, but this is the first time I've played along - and I'm only just in time for this week.  This week Dynamic Duos - DD#21 have a monochromatic theme and it's my favourite colour - GREEN!!! How could I not join in?

I recently got some new stamps from Papertrey Ink - ones that I've been wanting for a while - the beautiful Gracious Vases.  I've made a sympathy card - not for any particular reason, but to have "just in case".


Stamps:  Papertrey Ink - Gracious Vases
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake
Accessories;  SU Card - Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake; Craft Concept EF - Woodgrain; Promarkers; Card from stash


I kept it really simple - just a few mats, the stamped vases and sentiment, and a woodgrain panel to ground the vases.  I coloured the orchids with Promarkers.  I also decorated the inside of the card - again very simple a couple of mats and the vases in the corner.


I'm starting to work on a scrapbook of our summer trip in California.  I've been checking through the photos that Jonathan and I took - hundreds of them!!  It's going to take a while, but I'm having such fun.  That's all for now.  Back again soon.

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

very classy card Deb - love the wooden shelf.
Tara
x

A Consuming Passion said...

I love these Papertrey images too Deborah! Your card is lovely good luck with the challenge!
Hope you'll share some of your page layouts too.

Anni said...

These Papertrey Ink vases are so beautiful! And you created such a pretty and elegant card with them!
So glad you played along at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Lisa Elton said...

A lovely sympathy card Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Karen Aicken said...

I like the way you paper pieced some of the vases - what a perfect sympathy card.
Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duo's,
Cheers, Karen

Pauline said...

Beautifully elegant Deb!

Buffy said...

Both truely beautiful cards Debs. So delicate
Buf xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely elegant little card Deborah

Anne

Sue Lelli said...

Deborah, Just LOVE the woodgrain detail! FAB card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...