Saturday 13 October 2012

Christmas leaves two ...

... I'm back with another card for this week's CASology - CAS14, cue word: LEAF.   It's a quick variation of the mistletoe card.  This time I've used holly and gone for a red ornate frame.  I think these cards may end up being the bulk of the cards I make this year to mail home.  I might try and ring the changes with colour!


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Frame-It, Festive Foliage
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders: Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4, Squares Lg (S4-126) #6
Accessories: Promarkers - Lush Green, Emerald, Pine, Berry Red, Poppy, Ice Grey 1; Red Foil Card; Card from stash


I stamped the leaves and berries (they are actually the ones from the mistletoe stamp) onto white paper, coloured them with Promarker and cut them out.  I then arranged them to make a holly sprig and attached them to the card.  There is a holly spring in the set, but I wanted to have bigger leaves so made my own.

That's all for today - we are off to a Fall Festival which should be good fun, provided the rain holds off!!  See you tomorrow with my CR84FN65 card!

Edited:  Jonathan and I woke up silly early again - 5.30am!!!  Well, it's a weekend, why waste time?  The bonus is that we've just watched the MOST beautiful sunrise.  The sky has gone from black through shades of purple, red and is now in the dusky pink stage and the sun is a magnificent golden ball.  The houses are silhouetted against this glorious view.  Just wish I'd charged up the battery in my camera ;(  Never mind!  Enjoy your day.

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love that shiny red framing Deborah - it really sets of the pretty holly! Hope you had fun at the fall festival!

Stamps and Paper said...

Two gorgeous card Deborah love the shiny frames they really show off the images well

Anne

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous Deborah! Love the frame and it's so beautiful in the red foil paper. I love the single holly! Fall festival sounds like a lot of fun. Hope no rain.

Buffy said...

Gorgeous cards Debs.
HUGE Congrats on getting top mouser...well done
Hugs
Buf xx

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, this is so clean and understated. Love the red foil die and the clean, beautifully colored holly - you let the image do all the talking and it is stunning!

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Deborah, this is fab. Love it!

Donna x

Charmaine Stack said...

Just brilliant how you combined the mistletoe berries and the holly leaves. Love it! Your Promarker work is great, too. The ice grey fooled me - I thought you had layered and pop dotted the leaves when I saw the shadow! This akes more sense for mailing to the UK!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the foil frame!

Jean said...

This is just gorgeous ~ the frame is so elegant!

Jen W. said...

Ooooh! The red frame is even better! Thanks for playing along again with CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Love how the points of the frame echo the edges of the holly! Thanks so much for playing again this week, Deborah!

kingstonmama said...

Fabulous Christmas card. That shiny red frame is so festive, and your holly image is lovely! ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...