Sunday 21 October 2012

CR84FN65 - Bookends ....

....  Hi!  It's time for my second card with our CR84FN65 colours of light pink, tan and cream.  I've really enjoyed playing with these colours and this week I decided to let the tan dominate.


Stamps: PTI - All Booked Up
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette; Memento - Angel Pink
Dies: PTI - Bookprint, Mat Stack 3
Spellbinders: Circles Sm (S4-116) #3
Accessories:  Waltzingmouse - Lace; Kaisercraft Paper - Tigerlilly; SU - Very Vanilla Card, Bridesmaid Paper (discontinued); Card from stash


I've made this for one of my friends in the UK - it'll be on its way as you read this.  I ran a piece of the dark tan card through my Bug with the Bookprint impression plate - using the landscape side which has block capitals.  To add some emphasis to the letters I rubbed Pink Pirouette across the panel - you can just about see the pink tint in the photo above.  I attached some cream lace and the adhered it to the pink panel on the card base.  Next I used the Mat Stack to cut a piece of the Bridesmaid paper and stamped one of the images in pale pink on cream card; I then cut this out to layer onto the damask paper.  I finished off by die cutting a circle and stamping the image of a girl reading her book.  This was attached with dimensional tape.   I finished off by decorating the inside of the card with another of the images from the All Booked Up set.

For more inspiration cards with these fabulous colours, check out the CR84FN blog.  That's all for now.  Have a super Sunday and see you tomorrow.

14 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Beautiful card Deborah. Love those colours - the delicate stamped label against the lovely lace and embossed tan background. Such a sweet sentiment too - your friend is going to love this!

Pauline said...

Lovely card Deb, I love that stunning lace, and the wonderful sentiment.

Paula (PEP) said...

The lace adds a lovely touch to this & is beatifully in keeping with the colours. A lovely feminine design for someone bookish too.
Paula (PEP)

Buffy said...

Lovely elegant card Debs.
Beautiful lace.
Buffy x

McCrafty's Cards said...

A very elegant card Deborah, I like the image the embossing and the lace.
Kevin xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card and I love the 'wordy' background embossing..lovely image

Anne

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card to send to a good friend! LOVE the impression with the letters and the way you used the colors! She will be tickled pink, Deborah!

Vickie Z said...

Your friend will love this!! The image and sentiment are wonderful!!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! Love the embossed background, the gorgeous lace and the pretty soft image! Hugs

Jackie said...

What a wonderful selection of cards since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Love your bookplate impression plate Deborah. It creates a wonderful background and your stamped image is so pretty and peaceful.

Shannon White said...

So Pretty Miss Deb! Love that PTI set to pieces, I have it but alas I have yet to ink it, lol ( shame on me for sure!) Love what you've done with it here and your embossed letters BG is such a Perfect match too! Just Soo Lovely!

Hugs
Shannon

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Deb! Love the embossed background and layered die cuts!

kingstonmama said...

Oh, what a lovely card! So pretty, Deborah. ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...