Monday 29 October 2012

Golden snowflakes ....

.... Morning - hope you all had a super weekend.  I managed to play in my craft room and made a much needed Christmas card for my stash.  I used two challenges to make it:



Stamps:  Uniko Studio - The Hands of Time
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Pool Party
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) #5, Circles Lg (S4-114) #5
Accessories:  Papermania - Christmas Carol Gold Vellum; Gold detail embossing powder; SU Card - Soft Suede, Pool Party; Lakeland - Sentiment label



I made the card base from Stampin' Up! Soft Suede card and the mat from Pool Party.  The gold snowflake theme is a direct result of this lovely vellum.  I stamped the large doily in Versamark, heat embossed with detail gold powder and cut out with a plain circle.  While still in the die, I stippled on some Pool Party, then mounted the circle on a large pinked circle.  I stamped some smaller snowflakes on to the dark panel, embossed them and then added a simple banner sentiment that I've had in my stash for years!!!  I finished off with some pale green gems.  I decorated the inside of the card too - this the time snowflakes are stamped in Pool Party.  

We had a really great time yesterday.  Jonathan and I got to watch the Liverpool vs Everton football match which was brilliant!  Then Jonathan went out to a photo shoot while Kathryn and I headed to the cinema to see Frankenweenie.  Frankenweenie, directed by Tim Burton, is Disney's Halloween movie.  I'm not going to give a full review - sufficient to say it's brilliant, despite a few tears from Kathryn, we both enjoyed it.  If you're looking for a movie to see with the children at Halloween - this is it!!  

That's all for now - see you tomorrow.


9 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Deb! Love the gold embossed designs and the metallic sentiment!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card - the embossing is terrific!
Caroline xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a pretty card Deborah and fabulous embossing...

Anne

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the vellum panel! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Stella said...

A gorgeous way to use heat-embossing. Your choice to emboss in gold i elegant and is giving this card something chic. Love it!

Rachel said...

so lovely! all the shimmery gold is so perfect for christmas. we stayed and watched the liverpool match too :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Vicky Hayes said...

Yes I am looking for a movie to see at halloween Deborah - and you always come up trumps! I love the gold snowflakes on your card, they're unusual and effective. Vicky x

Beverley said...

Beautifully stunning! I love how you've used the doily stamps. Hugs Bev x

~amy~ said...

I love the look of gold embossing...gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...