Friday 30 November 2012

Festive glimmer and glitz ....

.... Hi!!  Another Christmas card for you this morning - made for two challenges:




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmas Time, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Memento - London Fog
Accessories: Martha Stewart Glitter - Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Feldspar, Aquamarine Crystal, Verdelite, Perdiot; Vellum, twine and card from stash

Taking of a photo of this card has been quite tough - but I think this captures the sparkle and shine.  I love the sketch and immediately thought of this pretty snowflake stamp.

I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the stamps, having first established the centre of the card.  Starting at the bottom of the card, I used a glue pen to fill in the snowflake outline and once the glue reached the clear stage I added glitter.  I repeated this up the card using two shades of glitter on each of the full snowflakes.  Once the card was dry I burnished the glitter to make sure it doesn't shed and to add shine.  Here's a close up of the snowflakes.  Sadly the photos don't do the card justice - the sparkle and shine is lovely!  As I didn't want to hide the pretty snowflakes, I stamped the sentiment onto vellum.  As I didn't emboss the sentiment it has dried to give a very soft focus effect - which I rather like.  I finished off by adding this thread in coordinating colours.

Kathryn has now started her countdown to Christmas - only three full weeks of school left!!!  We plan to put up our Christmas tree this weekend.  Bye for now!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely and sparkly Deborah, very frosty!

Andrea M said...

So pretty Deb! Love the sparkly snowflakes!

Kim Heggins said...

Your snowflakes are just so beautiful. I love all of the sparkles and that twine is the perfect addition to your card. Love it.

Heather P. said...

Such a fun card, love the sparkle! :)

Jen Nelson said...

i jst love how the glitter fades from one colour to another deborah

thanks for joining us

Jen x
"Less Is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...