Thursday 15 November 2012

Follow Yonder Star .....

... Good afternoon - back again!!!  I'm making excellent progress with my Christmas cards and have another for you to share.  I used two challenges to make this one:




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Background, Compliments of the Season II, Yonder Star, Seasonal Remedies
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso; Distress - Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Spellbinders: Small Labels (S4-169) #5; Edge Classic Scallop (E8-001)
Accessories: SEI design paper - Berry Melody; Twine and card from stash


I absolutely love the Yonder Star background stamp - makes wonderful Christmas cards and I can see it working for guy cards too!  So easy to use too - see Claire's tutorial here.  I stamped the background in Soft Suede directly on to the card base.  I don't have SU Cool Caribbean, but I do have some lovely design paper that is almost exactly that colour.  I cut the scallop border with my Spellbinder Edgeabilities.  I made the focal image from the rectangle in Seasonal Remedies - stamped and embossed, the cut out with the small labels die.  While still in the die I shaded with Tumbled Glass and Broken Glass.  Next I made the big star - I inked up with Versamark and then Tempting Turquoise, and then heat embossed with clear powder.  This star is so easy to cut out.  I finished off with the little flag - I had some Yonder Star BG scrap, cut it to size and then stamped this elegant sentiment in Early Espresso.  Here's a close up of the lovely foiled finish on the SEI paper.

Before I go, I'd like to say Hello and Welcome to Michelle Brinker - a new follower; so pleased to have you join me.  It's been a really productive day - both in my craft room and in getting some laundry washed - sadly that means the ironing needs to be done now!!  Bye, see you soon.

11 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, luvin the star as the focal point, very sweeeet...hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Deborah! I love that beautiful blue star - so striking!

Buffy said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the soft colours
Buf x

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous! I haven't got my yonder star inky yet - hope to get time to play at the weekend.
T
x

Kelly S. said...

That Yonder Star is perfect with the papers you chose, Deborah! Love the little silvery sparkles and how you layered it over that label!

-Aneta- said...

Deborah ..I love colours and simplicity of your card...:)beautiful :)

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! Love these new stamps! The Yonder Star Background is gorgeous! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Sharron said...

Gorgeous, Deborah! I love your stamped background and the pretty patterned paper. Perfect background for that awesome star!

Renee said...

Love that star in blue!!
Just got it too and have SO many plans for it...
this set screamed my name when I first saw it and you have used it gorgeously!!
Love the background stamping...
the sentiment...
fabulous card Deborah! :)

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the mix of patterns here. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Joan Ervin said...

This is beautiful....you have used such a great sketch and I love the big star!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...