Monday 26 November 2012

Starry Christmas ....

.... Good Monday morning to you all - I hope you've had a super weekend.  We have just finished a lovely long weekend here in Michigan.  It started out with the warmest Thanksgiving for ages and ended with snow on the ground yesterday!!  Extremes!  I did get to play yesterday and this Christmas card was made using these challenges:




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Background, Yonder Star, Say It Loud Winter Holiday
Inks: Memento - Teal Zeal; Stampin' Up! - Lucky Limeade
Dies: Spellbinders - Classic Edge (E8-001)
Accessories:  Design Paper - SEI Berry Melody; SU - Basic Grey, Tempting Turquoise; Gem and card from stash

I absolutely love these colours - they are so me!  I stamped the outline image and then fussy cut it out - actually it is quite easy, just a bit long!!!  I don't have the colours Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky, so I matched them as closely as possible - and I think they work.  I finished with this square gem which looks quite dark in the photo, but in real life is almost exactly the same colour as Lucky Limeade.

Kathryn is back to school today - only four weeks until the end of school!!  Can't believe how quickly time is passing this year.  That's all for now - see you soon.

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous Deb - i haven't inked my version of this set up yet - I really must as all the ones you're doing with it are fabby!
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your star card, great colours and like your design

Anne

Kate said...

Gorgeous card as always. Got to get these new sets, you're making me very envious.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great card. And your fussy cut snowflake is fabulous. I can only imagine how long that took! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, what a BEAUTIFUL snowflake!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Rita W said...

Wow! Great fussy cutting; you obviously have way more patience (and cutting skills) than I do! :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

Oh how pretty! Such lovely colors in the papers too! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Pauline said...

This star looks lovely in blue Deb, so pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

So stunning and I love that little bling you added to the center of your amazing star.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...