Saturday 19 January 2013

Birthday Blues .....

..... Evening - I'm very late with a post today but that's because we spent the day at the Plymouth Ice Festival.  Once I've edited the pictures I'll post a few.  It was a really fun day - the only issue being that it was rather warm!!  It was about 7°C (44°F) and that meant the ice sculptures started melting!!!  But more of that later.

I'm popping in with a birthday card that I've made with a couple of challenges in mind:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Heirloom Patterns; Personal Impressions - Words PICS066
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze
Dies: Spellbinders - Sprightly Sprockets (S5-048)
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF - Diamonds in the Rough; SU Card - Night of Navy, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise; White Lustre card


I used the measurements given on CAS-ual Friday blog and made a card base 6" × 3", then I cut a white panel slightly smaller onto which I stamped the pinstripe pattern and a birthday greeting.  Next I embossed the top of the card with this rough diamond pattern.  I attached the panel to the card base using dimensional tape.  For some added interest I die cut three sprockets and arranged them to one side.  Clean, simple - just right a guy!  This card will be in the post on Monday - hopefully it will get to the UK on time!!

ETA:  Just realised that as it's Martin Luther King Jr Day today there's no post - so this card is going to be late.  I've added this to the inside:


Stamps: Uniko Studio - Extra Time, Wonderful Washi
Ink and card as above

Okay, okay - here's a sneak peak at a couple of the ice-sculptures I saw today!! I took these photos just after 8.30am this morning - the sun was just coming up and it really made the ice glow!!



That's all for today - I'll be back tomorrow with my CR84FN card!  See you soon.

7 comments:

Cassandra said...

Looking at those ice sculpture photos really cooled me down (32C and humid here). The sun behind the first one looks superb.

Adore both this card and your purple and silver Christmas card from the previous post - just stunning.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah i don't know where to start. I love the embossed background, the cogs and the wonderful stripes! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Ardyth said...

This is a wonderful, steam-punky kind of card that would be excellent for that hardest of all to make for teenage boy! Love the blended colours on the stripes, too! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Deborah!

Maureen Merritt said...

What a cool card! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Awesome guy card, Deborah! Love those funky cogs! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful mix of different blues added to all that super texture ... fabulous! Anita :)

Lisa A. said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Deborah!! Love the cogs and the gradient coloring of the blues at the bottom of your card...way cool!! Speaking of cool...those ice sculptures are amazing and so cool...can't imagine how long it took to make them...wow! So happy you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...