Thursday 3 January 2013

Favourite Five of 2012 ....

.....  This time last year I joined in with Debby from A Scrapjourney in picking my favourite cards for 2011, Debby is doing the same again this year - My Favourite Five of 2012.  I seem to remember that it was very tough picking only five cards last year - it's just as hard this year, if not harder!!!


Here are my Five Favourite Cards of 2012 - I could have picked more!!!


My first card is the one I made just over a week ago - it's Ben's Christmas card.  Ben likes cards with lots of layers and details - he was really pleased with this one.  And I was delighted to find that I'd been selected as a Top Mouse with this card.  Full details here.


My second card was made for Jonathan.  I've mentioned a few times that Jonathan's hobby is photography and I made this for him when he went to Las Vagas in October.  Jonathan took lots of lovely photos - which I will scrap this year.  I had lots of fun making this card - full details here.


My third card was one of the quickest I made in 2012!  I saw a card by Michelle Bala that I really liked and I had to CASE it!  It took 30 minutes to make it!  I like the contrast between Michelle's bright and vibrant Christmas card and my pastel thanks card - full details here.


My fourth card is another that I made for Ben - this one was made in September when Ben started his A level courses at college.  I had such fun making this one - full details here.


My final card, and my absolute favourite of 2012 was made for the Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDC154.  It was their third anniversary challenge and I won!!!  I was thrilled to bits!  Full details of this card can be found here.

It's been lots of fun reviewing the cards I made last year.  I tend towards clean and simple when making cards.  But I also like to try out different techniques and styles and this year my favourites are definitely rather more than less!!!  That's all for now.  I intend spending the next couple of days in my craft room tidying up and sorting out my new goodies - got lots for Christmas.  See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Great picks Deb - your Halloween one is one of my all time faves - it's just stunning! Love the jeans one too.
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great selection of cards Deborah my fav it the jeans one, brilliant card for a guy.

Anne

Jean Martin said...

Wowzers! Happy New Year Deb! These are fabulous! My fave is actually the card you made for Ben! It's absolutely brilliant!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of cards Deb! Happy New Year!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely group of cards Deborah! I adore the halloween one but the little card big thanks one is also a favourite of mine. Glad you had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed your trip. Wishing you all a very happy 2013! Vicky x

Peanut said...

Gorgeous group of cards, Deborah. I just love the Halloween card... the colours are amazing! Hope you had great 1st of Jan and the rest of the year is filled with little treasures! Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog...I'm running late on my blog rounds but I'll get there in the end!

Hugs,
...A...

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your gorgeous cards Deborah, no wonder they're your favourites.
Thank you for joining My Favourite Five of 2012
luv
Debby

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...