Friday 18 January 2013

Purple and silver ....

... I'm back!!!  I've another card for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Challenge - 52CCT2-13, where the team have a colour challenge for us.  The team want us to make cards using Purple, Silver and White - I think these colours are just fabulous for Christmas.  My first card was predominantly white with purple and silver as the accent colours.  For this card, I've switched it!


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Serene Snowflakes (discontinued); Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II, My Favourite Things - Seasonal Sentiments
Inks: Versamark; Distress - Dusty Concord
Dies: Spellbinders - Marvellous Squares (S4-383) #5
Accessories: SU Card - Elegant Eggplant; Silver embossing powder and white card from stash

 
I made the card base from SU Elegant Eggplant which is a lovely shade of purple.  I used my new Marvellous Squares dies to cut the white panel - love the scroll corners which go so well with the scrolls on the snowflake stamp.  I stamped the snowflake on the panel in Dusty Concord, and twice onto white card which I embossed with silver.  On one image I painted the cross purple using my aquapen and Distress ink, cut it out and adhered it to the panel.  Then I cut out the central circle, left it white and adhered it to the main snowflake.  I decided not to use dimensional tape to attach these layers and I need to be able to post it and thin is better!!  I finished the front with a simple Christmas sentiment.  For the inside I cut a panel of white card and stamped a Christmas greeting in Dusty Concord.  Two very different looks with these super colours.

Before I go today - I'd like to thank everyone for the very kind comments they left on my Wedding Picture post - it really was the most wonderful day.  Jonathan and I smiled so much that our faces actually ached the next day!!  Also thanks for the lovely comments about Kathryn's card - she'd like to think that she's the Sheriff in our house :)  And that's all for today.  See you tomorrow!


15 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Deb, I love that ornate snowflake. Beautiful! One of my fave colour combos too!

Ruth M said...

Wow, another wonderful card Deborah! So glad you enjoyed the purple, silver and white combo - it's definitely a fave of mine for Christmas cards! Love that fancy snowflake in the fancy square!
Thanks so much for sharing a second card with us at 52 {C}CT and I hope you join us again soon! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Pretty cards Deb, love the stamping on this one. Looks like a good weekend to stay indoors and play I think! Going to get a bit chilly next week too!!

Hugs
Brenda

Clare said...

Beautiful card, love that rich shade or purple!

Stamps and Paper said...

Well you seem to be on a roll at the moment Deborah...another lovely card

Anne

Mynn xx said...

Another stunner, Deborah! LOVE the fabulous stamping on your die cut piece! Thanks for linking again with us at 52CCT! :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so elegant Deborah, I like the image, the frame and the colours.
Kevin xx

Brenda said...

Gorgeous, elegance! Love the snowflake and the ornate snowflake.

Danielle Vincent said...

Awesome Deb! I love that gorgeous snowflake in that fancy square! Thanks for your second entry this week at 52CCT!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the fancy frame!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh my goodness Christmas cards.....I'm a little bit over then LOL! Love yours though!

Jackie said...

A lovely selection of cards again Deborah :o)
Jackie xx

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card, love that Spellbinder die, have a great weekend. Deb x

Karen B. said...

Wow, this card is stunning. So classic in its beauty. The silver really adds to the elegance.

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Deborah, love the gorgeous snowflake.

Donna x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...