Saturday 9 February 2013

Cranberry Sauce hearts ....

... Hi - I didn't expect to post again today, but I realised if I didn't, I'd miss the deadline to submit my card for this week's Retro Sketches - RS49 challenge.  I've combined the sketch challenge with the delicious colour challenge over at Waltzingmouse Stamps - WMSMMM3.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text-It, Off Beat Backgrounds, Faux Fun, Pic-Nic Patterns, Nordic Winter; My Favourite Things - Lovey Dovey Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red; Memento - London Fog; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Hearts (S4-136) #1, Scalloped Hearts (S4-137) #1
Accessories: Cuttlebug EF - Love's in the Air; SU Card - Black, Rich Razzleberry, Raspberry Ripple, Real Red; White Lustre card and Grey card from stash



I think these colours are just fabulous and perfect for a romantic themed card.  I started off by stamping a selection of WMS patterns onto white card and cutting out little hearts.  I made coordinating mats for each heart.  Next I cut a panel of Real Red card onto which I layered a panel of white card which I embossed with these sweet love hearts.  I finished off with a bold sentiment stamped in Versafine.  A clean, simple and fun Valentine card.

Kathryn had a Snow Day today and she invited one of her friends over in the afternoon.  They spent most of the day inside, but for a mad 15 minutes they went out to play in the snow!!!  I got out my camera to capture the fun and took a few more of the area.  Here are a couple of photos taken this afternoon; if you want to see them all - click on this link.





That's all for now - it's almost time for bed.  I'm off to a craft class tomorrow - making a scrapbook page that has a shabby, vintage look - completely out of my comfort zone!!!  Should be lots of fun!

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

A great card for your challenges Deborah - love the embossed background and all the pretty colors of your hearts! looks like a fun snow day there - we're in the middle of a blizzard in MA right now!

Chrysalis said...

Hi Deborah - lovely card and great pics - your not-so-new now life looks wonderful in the US. I hope, by the time you read this, that you had a great craft day, and look forward to seeing the results. I've got to start a scrapbook and it's taking me outside my comfort zone, too. x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Valentines card Deborah love the Embossed hearts background.
THanks for sharing your snowy pics with us I can understand why you still feel in Christmas mode...it looks wonderful...
Enjoy your class

Anne

Jackie said...

I don't like cranberries but I do love your card and those wonderful snow photographs :o)
Jackie xx

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful card Deborah! I love the sweet hearts down the center.

Fabulous photos. I am glad we got the rain from that storm and not the snow. :)

Hugs~

Darnell said...

Deborah, this is so lovely and an absolute perfect make for this sketch!! Enjoyed your pictures of the latest beautiful snow!!

Kelly S. said...

This is such a great combo of the challenges, Deborah! I adore the little patterns you chose for the hearts! A beautiful gradient color scheme...and how sweet is the embossed background? A perfect Valentine!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous photos and an amazing card. Love all of the hearts.

Jeanne J. said...

Love the action photo of the kids running in the snow! Nothing like a snow day when you're young! I love your clever hearts and all the different WM stamps you used to make them!

Marlena M. said...

This is a lovely, creative way to use the heart dies Deborah! Awww, great shot of the girls~

Carola said...

Hi Deborah

This is a very lovely card. I like the different patterns on the hearts, that's a great idea. And the embossed background with all those pretty hearts as well as the sentiment make this a wonderful Valentine card.

I also had a look at your photos, thanks for sharing them with us. With all the snow you have it looks like here in Switzerland.

Have a nice day!
Carola

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card and all of its pretty details - love the embossing!

Love the snow pictures too! I am in Seattle and my son despairs of it every snowing this year...we may have to drive up to the mountains to get our snow fix this time!

:) Jill

Super Jen said...

A lovely rainbow of hearts. I love how you used such a variety of sets to create your own patterned paper.

Vickie Z said...

Love all those images you used on your hearts!! Fab use of the sketch and colors!!

~Tammy~ said...

Looks like lots of fun was had!

Your card is fabulous both on the color and sketch challenge! Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...