Monday 18 February 2013

Doily Love - take 2 ....

... Morning!!!  It's President's day today and is a federal holiday, which means that Kathryn has a day off school.  Unfortunately, this is not the case for Jonathan; he has had to go to work.  So Kathryn and I are planning a day out together.  I got this card made last night.  It'll have to go in the post on Tuesday - but should get to the UK in time.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Small, L'il Buddies
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Regal Rose
Dies: Die-namics -     Fishtail Flags Layers STAX
Accessories: Kaisercraft Design Paper - Secret Admirer; Kaisercraft - Secret Admirer Doilies; Stampin' Up! Design Paper - Marina Mist; Doily from local supermarket; White lustre card

I've made this card for three challenges:

I really like the colours in this week's Play Date challenge, but I have to admit that I've struggled a bit with them - the colours in my card are brighter tones than on the graphic, but I think they work.  This is a bit out of my comfort zone as I don't often use just design papers.  But these papers from Kaisercraft are so pretty that I had to try.  I cut a sheet to cover the front of a square card.  I got the doilies from my local supermarket last year - pretty.  For the horizontal panel I cut a piece of Marina Mist DP.  I cut the banner tag from white lustre card and stamped a simple birthday greeting in pink.  The green doily comes from the coordinating Kaisercraft set.

For the inside I decided to use another sheet of paper from the pack.  I cut it to fit the card - making sure that I kept the birdcage image in the top corner.  I stamped a couple of doilies in the opposite corner and left a space for the greeting.  It is actually a very clean and simple card!


That's all for now.   Kathryn and I are off to see Warm Bodies - an unusual twist on a romance - a zombie and human!!  It's had good reviews.  I'll report back!  See you soon.

25 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a pretty mix of patterns and colours and great to cover 3 challenges with one card!

Carla said...

both cards are nice and colorfull.

Love from Holland.

Lynne said...

I`m loving your doily cards Deborah. The DP is so pretty, must look out for that pad.
Lynne xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful doily card Deborah..your background papers are gorgeous...

Anne

Pauline said...

Such a lovely card Deborah, I love the patterned papers.

Vickie Z said...

Well look at you Deb...not one but, two cards! Lovely papers and LO!!

Anonymous said...

Perfect execution of all three sketches! That is a feat in itself! Love the colors and the pattern paper you chose. Lovin' that supermarket doily!

Allisa said...

Love the lace doilies. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty card Deborah, I could never pull off those colours but you did just beautifully.

Cassi said...

love your soft color combo, hurray for doilies!

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful card Deborah! I love the lace doilies and the pretty papers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful Deborah! :)

Hugs~

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous doily card Deborah! Your choice of colors are so pretty and makes for a wonderful birthday card.

Cindy Hall said...

This card is soooo beautiful. I love that floral DSP, and the inside of the card is as beautiful as the outside. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

LaurieJ said...

So pretty. It puts me in the mood for spring!

Sasha said...

Beautifully created card, both outside and in, Deborah. I love the stamps and DP's you used x

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the beautiful doilies!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such a pretty card Deborah...love that beautiful patterned paper with the pretty doily...the elegance of the doilies are really balanced with the cute sentiment banner. This is a really well done card...I loved it!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a beautiful combo of patterns and embellishments and perfect take on those challenges!

Kelly S. said...

So pretty! Love the patterned paper choice with these doilies. Another lovely card for the party, Deborah...you were on a roll for this theme ;)!

Julia Aston said...

beautiful floral paper on this lovely b'day card Deborah!

Stella said...

I have not seen you using floral patterned paper often but it really looks lovely. Paired up with that beautiful doily stamp I cab only sigh...:)
Gorgeous card!
XX

Sue Lelli said...

Pretty card, Deb! LOVE the WM doily and the text!

Rachel said...

the papers you picked are so great with the color challenge. what a pretty card. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh yes, lovely soft soothing colours Deborah, I can see why you picked those! Another lovely card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...