Friday 22 February 2013

Easter Greetings ....

.... Hi everyone - it's been a bit of a morning here.  It started snowing just as Jonathan and Kathryn left for school and came down quite quickly.  It's finally stopped so my next job will be to go out and clear the drive!  Yea!!!!  Roll on spring!!!

I have realised that it's actually not long until Easter - I think it's early this year.  Anyway, I need to make lots of cards for family and friends in the UK and this is the first.  I used this week's challenge from CASology - CAS32 where the cue word is "FLAME" as the inspiration.  Personally, I'm not religious, but Ben's grandmother is and I like being able to make cards specially for individuals.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs, Spring Baskets, Bright Season
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen; Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Matting Basics A (S5-131) #6, A2 Matting Basics B (S5-132) #6, Nested Eggs (S4-264) #5, Fancy Framed Tags Two (S5-128)
Accessories:  Gold card from stash; Cosmic Shimmer EP - Olympic Gold Lustre; Cuttlebug EF - Swiss Dots; White Lustre card from stash


I cut the egg shape using my Spellbinder dies (they come out every Easter), stamped the outline in Versamark and heat embossed with gold lustre powder to give a subtle edge to the egg.  I used my Fiskars stamp press to position the sentiment, the candle, flame and glow.  I ran the white mat through the Cuttlebug to give some texture and lightly sponged on Antique Linen to define the dots.  I stamped a simple greeting onto white card, cut it out with one of the plain borders from the tag set, while in the die I sponged a little colour over it.  I used dimensional tape to adhere the egg to the card.  For the inside I kept it very simple with gold and white mats.  On the white mat I stamped another Easter Egg and greeting across the centre panel.

It's a pretty clean and simple design, and I hope it CAS enough for the team!!  So pleased that I've finally made a start on my Easter cards.

Now I'm off to shovel away the snow!!  Be safe!

Edited to add:  Just got in from shoveling snow!  I am absolutely exhausted!  I think we had 3", maybe even 4" of snow all over the drive and paths.    It's taken just over two hours to clear it all away.  Off for a large cup of coffee now :)  See you tomorrow!

20 comments:

Darnell said...

WOWZA. Deborah, this is really brilliant for the CASology challenge, but more than that, an amazing Easter design!! She is going to absolutely love it!

Be careful out there shoveling!

Ardyth said...

The glow around your flame is very warm! I love the idea of adding ink to the embossed dots - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, and please do not send the snow along to us next, as 'you' usually do! lol!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Deb! I'm sure Ben's Grandmother will love this!

Stay warm!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Easter card Deborah love the egged shaped die and what fabulous stamps...
Don't envy you clearing the snow ..ny blog is now back to normal thank goodness

Anne

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful Easter card Deborah the egg is gorgeous and I like the embossing.
Kevin xx

Tracey McNeely said...

So beautiful Deborah! I love the soft colours and that brilliant egg. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Easter card Deb! love the textured background!

Pauline said...

beautiful Easter card Deb, lovely and peaceful with these soft colours and fabulous textures.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful Easter card! Love the glow around the flame! Awesome!

Buffy said...

Lovely card Debs. The flame is great and I love the highlighting on the sentiment!
Hugs Buf xx

Claire said...

Beautiful Deborah - I'm sure the lady who receives it will love it...fab way to use all those Waltzingmouse stamps. I think after shovelling all that snow I'd have reached for a tot of whisky to warm me up rather than a cup of tea!

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah, this is so beautiful and so perfect for Easter. Love all of your amazing details.

Maureen Merritt said...

Wow, you really made that flame shine! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful way to incorporate the flame, onto an Easter card. Beautiful!

Jen W. said...

This is stunning, Deborah! One of the most beautiful Easter cards I've ever seen! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful Easter card! Love all the little details you put into this!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

beautiful Easter card, deborah! never would have thought to use a candle on an Easter card, but it is so perfect! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Well great minds do think alike Deborah! I was inspired by the CASology cue word but was too late to join in. I love your Easter design and that wonderful overstamping. There is no better excercise than shovelling snow! Vicky x

Anonymous said...

A most excellent idea to use the candle in the egg! It works perfectly together and looks so lovely. A brilliant idea and a very beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a beautiful easter greetings! I gotta love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...