Tuesday 19 February 2013

For a guy ...

... Good evening!  It's rather later than I thought!  I've had a lazy day reading a book - really nice, but then I realised that I needed to make a birthday card for one of my cousins and get it in the post tomorrow.  I've used a few challenges to make this card:


Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Rad; Amy Tangerine - Aspire
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Always Artichoke
Accessories:  SU Card - Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Pool Party; White Lustre from stash; Clear embossing powder


 
The inspiration card over at Muse - MUSE5 is by Marion Vagg.  The idea with MUSE is to take inspiration from Marion's card - there are so many possibilities with this card.  I saw the chevron pattern and decided to go with that as the theme.   For the layout of my card I used Kim's sketch based on this card.  I love the colours over at Colour Q - cQc177 they are perfect for a guy card.

I used Crumb Cake to make the card base and front panel.  When I went to Archivers on Saturday I got some stamps by Amy Tangerine (first time I'd seen her stamps); I liked the images in this set - the chevron banner and ampersand are from that set.  I stamped the chevron in Versamark and embossed with clear powder.  Then I cut out the banner and coloured sections of the chevron with the coordinating inks.  For the greeting I used Rad by CAS-ual Friday Stamps - stamping part of the greeting directly on the Crumb Cake panel and part on white card which I adhered over the chevron banners.  I finished the front with some home made chevron brads and a bold ampersand.  The inside is very simple - a piece of white card with a couple of chevron at the top and bottom.


Edited to add:  Just so you know the front of the card reads "Hope your birthday is awesome &".   Not, as my husband thought, "Hope your birthday is & awesome". 

That's all for now.  I'll be back again tomorrow!

25 comments:

Darnell said...

Great job getting these challenges to work together so well, Deborah!!

Claire said...

Perfect blokey card Deborah - love the chevrons down the side!

Marybeth said...

What a great guy card Deborah! Love it and I love the colors, I hadn't seen these yet. Love the design and layout. I have been reading too and it really cuts into craft time . I just cant put my book down.Enjoy yours.

Greta said...

Terrific graphic design--perfect for a guy!

SeattleStamper said...

What a fun use of the oh so trendy arrows! Nice job.

Pauline said...

Fabulous design Deborah, great colours, and I love the graphic feel of these images.

Buffy said...

Fabulous card Debs. You've used the colours brilliantly.
Buf x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great design for a mans card Deborah..must admit I got a bit confused about how it read...still takes longer these days for me to 'catch on'..hee..hee

Anne

Ardyth said...

Great colours and layout for a masculine card - love the white embossing coloured in with copics! Those little arrows really pop!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a fabulous male card Deborah! I love the chevron theme and that gorgeous ampersand (although I confess I read it as 'hope your birthday is & awesome too!) Vicky x

Kim S said...

I love your patterns - so festive yet still perfectly masculine!! Thanks for joining us at retrosketches!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS card is AWESOME, Deb, and I LOVE the arrows!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Deborah!

Mistys Mum said...

Absolutely great card Deborah

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic and oh so fun Deborah. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Anonymous said...

Husband stories always seem to give me a chuckle. :) Your card is rad and awesome. Totally a dude card! :) Love it!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Your graphic take on the Muse card is terrific Deborah, love those red chevrons!

Lynn said...

A very clever take on the Muse Deborah - I love the red chevrons. Lynn x

Mona Pendleton said...

awesome masculine card Deb! Thanks for inspiring!

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Deborah, those husbands, what will we do with them? Thanks for playing with us this week at the colourQ.

Lyndal said...

Fab guys card Deborah :)

Marion said...

A great CAS card Deborah! I love the arrows - they really draw your eye to the sentiment.

landerson213 said...

Love this card! Those arrows on the side are fabulous! Great take on the Muse's card! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Rosmarie said...

What a great masculine card! Love the chevrons and the colours you've used!

Rosi x

Michelle said...

This is a great interpretation of that sketch and a nice use of the color palette. What a great masculine card! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...