Saturday 2 February 2013

HB2U - clean and simple ....

.... I was introduced to an online Clean & Simple class by Tara's super gradient card.  I'm late joining the class, but I've had a super morning catching up with the videos and lesson notes.  I've also been doing some of the "homework", although it's hard to call such fun stuff homework!!  This card is based on the sketch and craftsmanship tips provided by Kristina Werner.


Stamps: My Favourite Things - Gift Card Greeetings; Watlzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Raspberry Ripple
Dies: Spellbinder - Inverted Classic Scallop Circle Lg (S4-194) #4
Accessories: Creative Expression Stencil - Retro Squares; Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Golden Mint; SU Design Paper - So Saffron

I cut the white panel to 5¼" × 4" and used the inverted scallop circle to cut the space.  Next I placed the retro squares stencil over the panel and lightly spritzed on this shimmery green.  I stamped the bold birthday sentiment in Raspberry Ripple.  I attached the die cut panel to the card using dimensional tape.  I finished off with an additional sentiment printed on some pale yellow design paper.  I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:



It's been snowing steadily since first light and I'm not venturing out of the house today.  Jonathan went out this morning to a photo shoot in Royal Oak - it was only snowing lightly when he left; it's heavier now!  He left in his car but as he was going round the mini roundabout at the end of our road, the car slipped and had a quarrel with a rock on the side of the road.  The front bumper is wrecked!!!  Fortunately, Jonathan was going quite slowly and wasn't hurt but his car is not usable - good thing we have my car then :)) 

That's all for now - I'm off to do some more "homework" - some super techniques to try out.  See you later.

5 comments:

Donna B. said...

Awesome card Deborah! Love the window and how you used the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the green and that big bold sentiment in raspberry ripple!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun bright colors.

Terri E.

Lisa A. said...

Hi Deborah!! What a wonderful card...I knew it was from the class as soon as I saw it!! I have taken a number of the different classes since last year...I think they are wonderful...hope you enjoy them, tooS Sweet job with the gradient...very nice!! So happy that you were a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Stella said...

You don't need much supplies to create something that turns a plain white card into a gorgeous card. Love the stamping and the contrast of red and green( or is it lime? How do you call it?)
X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...