Thursday 7 February 2013

LIM - Take Two .....

.... Good afternoon - I've had such a fun day playing with my new Cameo - it's brilliant!  And I'm here to share my first card made using some die cuts from my Cameo.  It's my second card for this week's Less is More - LIM105 where the challenge is to use Kraft and Kreme.  Here's my card:


Stamps: My Favourite Things - You Make My Day
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake
Accessories: SU Card - Crumb Cake; SU - Antique Brad; Cream Lustre card; Silhouette - Dandelions by Snapdragon Snippets; Cuttlebug EF - Diamonds in the Rough

I'm really pleased how well this has turned out.  It took me a few goes to work out why my cutting mat kept slipping, but once I sorted that I was able to cut out these lovely dandelions; there are so many lovely images at the Silhouette shop!!!  I cut the dandelions in cream card and attached them to some Crumb Cake card which I embossed and inked over to highlight the pattern.  I made the sentiment banner by stamping the sentiment, adding a brad and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  I think this really is a clean and simple card.

That's all for today - off to play some more with the Cameo!

17 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love your card Deborah nice embossed background and great dies

Anne

Sasha said...

Your card looks lovely, Deborah. I love your dandelions and the fab embossing.
Pleased to hear that you got a Cameo. I love mine and use it lots...have fun and enjoy! x

Ardyth said...

Aagh! You've gone to the 'dark side'. Don't mind me, it's just Cameo envy! lol! Look forward t seeing what you make with it - this card is beautiful - I love the contrast between the round ends of the flower and the diamonds on the background!

Pinky Papercraft said...

Lovely card Deborah.

Chrysalis said...

Love it, Deborah! There's something about dandelions - so simple and cute. I've got them on wallpaper waiting to go up in the spare room and I love it. Take care across the pond, and keep crafting x

A Consuming Passion said...

Ooooh I'm thinking about a Cameo too! Love the card you created for this week's challenge!

Stempelomi said...

absolutly lovely!

Hugs,Beate

Chrissie said...

This looks great Deborah, it's a similar combo of elements as the embossed card I did for The Craft Stamper Blog hop last week...dandelions and diamonds.
Super job,
Thanks as ever
Chrissie
Less is More

Barbara said...

Clean and simple speaks a ream of elegance to me! I love your card!

Tamara King said...

Hi Deborah, just seen your card on the Less is More page & popped over to say how lovely it is!

Tara Cardwell said...

Well it looks like you're rocking the cameo already! Gorgeous design - may have to hunt those dandelions out in the store......

doodlingdebbie said...

Your card is lovely. You and your Silhouette Cameo are going to have a beautiful relationship. Thank you for sharing.

Jackie said...

Oh I do love this beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Jen Nelson said...

fabulous deborah

Sorry for my late visit!Thanks for joining us at our 2nd birthday celebrations this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Tine said...

Brilliant work with your Cameo, Deborah. I am intending using a dandelion image myself soon - need to put something on my wall! This one is fabulous.
Tine (Addie24)

Deloris said...

Very pretty card!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Congrats on your machine and on your first cuts. Fabulous card! I have a free dandelion cut at my blog too, with the little "umbrellas" floating off of it too if you ever want!

So glad youre having fun and being creative!

Blessings,
Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...