Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mother's Day Take Two ....

.... Good morning from a snowed in Northville.  We woke to a blanket of thick, heavy, wet snow - it's awful stuff.  Jonathan and I managed to clear half the drive so that he could get to work, and then I started on the other half.  I was rescued by a kind neighbour, Brian, who has a gas powdered snow machine - it was so, so quick!!  Drive and paths now cleared. 

Anyhoo!  I'm here with my second Mother's Day card - a bit later than planned, but it's here.  I used the following challenges in the making of the card:


Stamps: Uniko Studio - The Hands of Time; Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings (discontinued); CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Only You
Inks: Versamark; Memento - Grey Flannel, SU - Pool Party, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Art Deco; SU Card - Pool Party, Island Indigo; Promarkers - Ice-Grey 3, Pastel Green, Marine; Silver embossing powder, gems and white lustre card from stash



This card was so easy to make.  I love, love the shades of teal with just a touch of silver.  I was pretty faithful to the sketch just changing from a square card to rectangle as it worked better with the design.  And you might have noticed that I kept to the same set of stamps for this card as the first card.  I really enjoy colouring this doily, and it's actually very easy to cut out.  The line of gems came just like that; I only had to measure it to the right length.


For the inside I cut a mat in pool party and a white layer onto which I stamped some more doilies and a sentiment.   I should also mention that I got some inspiration for my card from Vicki B's card - thanks!

Both cards will be in the post today and should get to the UK in time for Mother's Day!

Kathryn is enjoying a snow day; she's watching Mirror, Mirror at the moment!  Jonathan phoned when he got to work; he said that the roads are not too bad, just very slushy and wet.  It's above freezing so the snow is actually melting now - I can see it dripping of the branches on the tree in front of my window!!

That's all for this morning - I'm off to have some breakfast now.  See you soon.

15 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Well I guess you knew I would love this one with those colours lol! It's really beautiful :-D
Tara
x

Paula (PEP) said...

This looks lovely especially with the row of gems adding sparkle to the silver. The way you've cut out the medallion & overlapped the edges onto the mat underneath looks super taken in conjunction with the partial images you've wet embossed in silver.
Paula (PEP)

Chrysalis said...

Hi Deborah - thank goodness for kind neighbours, eh? Like you, I love teal - the trouble is, once I really like a colour I have to be sure I don't use it for everything in the house!! Have a great week, Chris x

Sasha said...

Love these stamps, Deborah. Your colouring gives lovely dimension. Super colours and embossing, too x

Jeanne J. said...

What a knock out - heat embossing, dry embossing, coloring.. this one has everything and is just stunning!

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Deborah and just love your colours...that's what I call a good neighbour..

Anne

Anonymous said...

You card is lovely. ;-) The medallions are fantastic, embossed and colored. I love it. Great embossing and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos. ;-) Stay warm with all that snow!

Suzanne Russell said...

The silver touches are the perfect way to embellish these colors. Love the card.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card! I love the medallions and the row of bling!!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful dimension Sounds like you are getting way more exercise than I.

Jackie said...

Oh I love the colours on this one :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Yes, the silver looks gorgeous with these colours! Lovely. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Dynamic Duos.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your not wanting in the snow department! I just love the silver embossing on that lovely blue cards stock. So many amazing details-a gorgeous card!

Jacqueline said...

Stunning card Deborah - love the blue with the silver embossing - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...