Monday 25 February 2013

Mother's Day ....

... Good evening - I do hope you've all had a fabulous weekend.  I did plan to do quite a lot of crafting this weekend, but instead caught up with Season 4 of Fringe - it was brilliant.  I finally got into my craft room about 4.00pm this afternoon.

In the UK Mother's Day is a moving date; it falls on the fourth Sunday in Lent so is much earlier than Mother's Day in the US.  As both my Mum and Mother-in-law are in the UK I need to make a couple of cards for them.  Here's the first:


Stamps: Uniko Studio - The Hands of Time; Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings; Hot of the Press - Stitches; CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Loving Thoughts, Only You
Inks: Memento - Grey Flannel; SU - Daffodil Delight
Dies: Spellbinders - Circles Sm (S4-116) # 5
Accessories: SU Card - Daffodil Delight; Cuttlebug EF - Mistletoe Kisses; Promarkers - Ice-Grey 3, China Blue, Sunflower; White Lustre card, ribbon and gems from stash



I followed a couple of challenges for this card: Mojo Monday - MOJO281 and Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC170.  I realised today that's it's been a while since I played along with these challenges - but I love the colours and it's a really fun sketch.

I cut a panel, slightly smaller than the card base, stamped the faux stitching and then embossed it in my bug.   I stamped a couple of the lovely doilies from Hands of Time, the solid one in yellow and the open one in grey which I coloured with Promarkers and then carefully cut both out.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and added a few of the smaller doilies around the sentiment, then I cut it out with my circle nesties.  The ribbon started off white - I simply coloured it blue with my Promarker so that it's an exact match.  I also coloured the gems with Promarkers.  The sentiment circle was attached with dimensional tape. 

I decorated the inside to match the front.  I cut a mat layer in yellow and on the white panel I stamped several of the doilies, using the second impression to make them a little more subtle.  I stamped the greeting in yellow and grey. 

I'm not sure yet whether this is for my Mum or my Mother-in-law.  They would both like it!!

That's all for now - I'll be back tomorrow with the other card.  See you soon.

13 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Those dies are fabulous Deb!! Totally gorgeous and wonderful use of the sketch!!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, I love the blue and yellow together. That is wonderful hand cutting, you must have lots of patience :o)
Jackie xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a wonderful card with its suggestion of sunshine. I love the colours and the sketch too. Thanks for the heads up about Mothers Day - it would have crept up on me! Glad you enjoyed the Two Ronnies sketch - I don't know how many times I've seen it now but it cracks me up every time! Vicky x

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card - love your choice of stamps and colours, great decoration inside too - Jacqueline xx

Sue Lelli said...

FAB dies, Deb! PRETTY card! Your Mum will LOVE it!

Ardyth said...

Thank you for the reminder - my MIL is in Scotland and is disappointed every year when I don't send her one. I will change that this year! lol! Great use of complimentary and sunny colours!

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Super colourful and very well balanced, I think you're right your Mum's will like this very much!
Hope it's not too cold where you are!!! Hugs Gay x

Darnell said...

Deborah, this is the most updated and fun mother's day card I've seen. I totally adore that it is not the usually flowery flowers, but still is bright and cheery. Brilliant!!

Julia Aston said...

Love all the textures and layers on this pretty Mother's Day Card Deborah - it's so full of sunshine!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, this is so beautiful...fabulous images.

Buffy said...

Stunning card Debs. The textured background is fab and I love the faux stitching.
Buffy xx

Shannon White said...

So Bright and Cheery Miss Deb!! Love your take on the Mojo sketch and the pretty embossed BG too! 8-)

Hope you've been doing Wonderfully Sweet Lady!

Hugs
Shannon

Rachel said...

We're so glad you came back to our challenge. This card is so beautiful. Thanks for playing at the play date cafe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...