Thursday 14 February 2013

Non traditional Christmas colours ....

.... that's the challenge for this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - 52CCT06-13.  The team want us to make a Christmas card using Brown, Yellow and White!!!  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star, Yonder Star Background, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso
Dies: WMS - Yonder Star Cut Files
Accessories:SU Design Paper - Daffodil Delight; Lace and gems from stash


The DT came up with some gorgeous cards with these colours, but it's taken me most of the week to work out what I was going to do.  However, once I decided on the stamp sets the card came together really quickly!!  I stamped the wonderful Yonder Star Background on the front of the card (it was the second impression - didn't want the brown to be too strong).  I found this pretty cream lace in my stash and wrapped that around the middle of the card.  I used my Cameo to cut the star and mat layers (Claire has them in the shop - they are free).  I used my new Fiskars stamp press to stamp the star - so easy to get it in exactly the right place.  I meant to cut the mat layer out in brown card but forgot!  So I sponged on some early espresso on the white card, adhered the star and then used dimensional tape to attach the star to the card.  I finished with the a simple sentiment and a bit of bling in the centre of the star.

For the inside I cut a mat in SU design paper and on the white card I stamped the outline star in yellow and a sentiment in brown.  I certainly found this a challenge, but am very pleased with the result.

That's all for today.  Kathryn will be getting in from school shortly and I need to go and tidy my craft room.  After my spring clean in January I've been quite good at putting things away, but I've slipped this week and my desk looks like a bomb site!!

See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

Louise van Vuren said...

Another gorgeous creation, Deborah! That star/snowflake is amazing and I love the lace ribbon too. Thanks for joining us again on 52 CCT

Louise

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty and these colors work so well together! Very nice change from the traditional holiday colors. Great card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I thought these colours were a real challenge for a festive card Deborah but you've made a fabulous card! Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Christmas card and what a great colour combination...

anne

Sue Lelli said...

So PRETTY, Deb! LOVE that big snowflake and your stamping! LOVE the non traditional Christmas card colors!

Ruth M said...

Fab use of the unusual colours Deborah, what a lovely snowflake card! So nice to see you playing along with us once more at 52 {C}CT and I hope you join us again soon!
Ruth x

Pauline said...

I like these colours with these stamps Deborah, that star is so pretty in that colour.

Mynn xx said...

It's beautiful, Deb! LOVE the bit of bling in the center and I adore the lace!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

So so gorgeous Deborah. I love that main image (inside too). You did a fabulous job with my challenging color combo. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! I love that beautiful star! Reminds me of a homespun quilt design!

Kelly S. said...

Awesome card, Deb! Look at YOUR rocking your new Cameo cuts, woo hoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...