Saturday 16 February 2013

One for four .....

...  Hi!  Weather's a wonderful thing - you think you're prepared, but it changes by the minute!  We've had gorgeous sunshine, some rain and thick snow - all in a few hours!  Mind, it hasn't got above freezing at all!  We went to the shops this morning and I had a quick visit to Archivers - such a lovely place to visit - I didn't come out with much - honest :)

I've been playing in my craft room since getting home and I've made a very CAS card for four challenges:


Stamps: PTI - Scattered Showers
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: SU Card - Tempting Turquoise; White Lustre and Black card from stash





This is about as clean and simple as it gets!  I cut black and turquoise mats for the front and on the white layer I stamped the sentiment in turquoise.  I stamped the clouds (up in the air!) onto a scrap of white card using the second impression to give the idea of storm clouds, and then cut them out and adhered them to the card with dimensional tape.

The sentiment on the front suggests that you might be a bit in the dumps or feeling down, so for the inside I stamped the sun (again second impression) and a greeting.  I layered the white onto more turquoise card.

I lost yesterday to a day of editing holiday photos.  I took lots of photos when we went to Chicago and California last year, but hadn't got around to editing any of them.  So I spent most of the day going through them and have uploaded the images to my Flickr account if you want to see them.  The next job will be to make some scrapbooks of our trips.

That's all for now.  Jonathan is busy working on his photos and Kathryn is sorting our her Social Studies homework and I'm off back to my craft room to make a few birthday cards. 

Be safe!  See you soon.

31 comments:

Mistys Mum said...

Hi Deborah
Love your take on the LIM challenge. I am still thinking about what I will do.
Just dropped in really to say thank you for your nice comments on my blog. x

Ardyth said...

Wonderful card - I love that the sun literally does come out AFTER you've read the front of the card - very clever! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Jen Nelson said...

what a fab and perfectly english sentiment!

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Kathyk said...

Be nice to think the sun will be out tomorrow - we had fog this morning!!!

Your card is lovely

Kathyk

Joyce said...

I have heard this about Michigan weather! Your card is beautiful, and hats off to your for meeting 4 challenges in one card. I'm off to check out your flikr photos.

Fiona said...

A perfect CAS card for all thses challenges.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
Great stamp... Love it...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

lostinpaper said...

Such a sweet design Deborah. The sentiment is perfect!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Monica said...

This is so unique and I like the hopeful sentiment and the sun inside looks fab! So clever!

Cassandra said...

This is terrific Deb! Such beautiful tranquil colours and subject. I have missed a few of your posts, unfortunately, so I will summarise here - LOVE the red phone box, we had them in Australia also but sadly no more. Your WMS Christmas card is lovely too (need that stamp set).

Deepti said...

So very clever n beautiful card with a great sentiment :)

Jackie said...

Wonderful selection while I've been out of action Deborah, I particularly love this one, you couldn't get much more CAS that this :o)
Jackie xx

Donna Mosley said...

Lovely card Deborah.

Donna x

Suzilou said...

This is just brilliant, looks like we could get a bit of sun again today hehe :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Great take on the challenge Deborah and a super CAS card...crazy weather here this morning this fog and very cold but with bright sunshine! Hopefully the sun will burn off the thick fog...typical English weather!

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the white., black & turquoise. This kind of creation is just beyond me: I sat & laughed for it's so apt for our Brecon weather too. But, Spring is a-springing.
Paula (PEP)

Suzi B said...

Tee hee, this made me smile, love it!
Suzi B x

Sue Lelli said...

THX for having this song stuck in my head now! LOL! CUTE CAS card and the inside with the yellow is just so cheerful!

Jenny Engelke said...

What a fun, simple card! You nailed all the challenges! Thanks for playing at Dynamic Duos this week!♥

Pauline said...

This is so sweet!

Lynne said...

This is very clever Deborah.
Lynne xxx

Jenny said...

Love the look of those clouds Deborah, I honestly thought they were made of grey felt!!
Super CAS and brilliant :0)
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

I loved the film Annie... great idea Deborah!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Darnell said...

Again, amazing! You are so fab at working the challenges perfectly!!

Jen W. said...

Love the double matting on your sweet card, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Unknown said...

Cute! So fitting for where I grew up. It rains a lot even though it's called the Sunshine Coast. Locals call it liquid sunshine :)

Jen Nelson said...

fab sentiment deb

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Ahhhh . . . this is so sweet! I love weather related cards. They're so applicable to every day life, don't you think? This one is brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

Bobbie said...

We are the queens of CAS this week! Love those little clouds, such a sweet card. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun card! Love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

Amy White said...

Such a great card for us in England!! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...