Friday 1 February 2013

Pretty in pink ....

.... Afternoon all!!  It's very cold and snowy here today - my first job this morning was to clear the overnight snow off the drive and footpaths.  It took about an hour and I think counts as my exercise for day :)  I've been into town too - had my hair done - new cut and colour and I'm very pleased with it.  Now to see if Jonathan notices!!

I've a little card to share with you this afternoon - it's only 4" square and is all shades of pink!!  I've used a few challenges to make it:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Cross My Heart; Waltzingmouse - Compact Family
Inks: SU - Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple
Dies: Spellbinders - Classic Heart (S4-136) #3; Woodware Punch - Tag
Accessories: SU Card - Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals; SU Design Paper - Pink Pirouette; Embossing Folders - Cuttlebug - Love Language; cArt Us - Hearts; Ribbon and card base from stash





I have been quite faithful to the Freshly Made Sketch.  I started by embossing the backing paper with little hearts and highlighting them by rubbing over some Early Espresso ink.  Next I cut a tag in Raspberry Ripple and used another heart folder to emboss it, again I highlighted the embossed detail and finished off the tag by adding some brown ribbon from my stash.  I die cut a plain heart in Primrose Petal card which I attached to the card with dimensional tape.  I finished off the front of the card with my letters in a little crossword puzzle!  I stamped it twice, once in brown and again in dark pink cutting out the tiny heart and adhering it to the image.  The inside is really simple - a Raspberry Ripple mat and white card panel on which I've stamped a message - I think you can guess who this is for!!


Bye for now - keep warm and safe.

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card great embossed tag and pretty papers

Anne

Jacqueline said...

A really pretty little card Deborah, I have my eye on that set too! No more snow clearing for me at the moment - thankfully it's all gone - Jacqueline xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Love it! I just spotted that stamp set in the new mini catalogue and liked it but I LOVE it now I've seen it in use! your embossed tag is fab too.

Tara
x

Unknown said...

Well this is just so sweet. Great use of the sketch and this week's colors. So glad you were able to join us at the ColourQ.

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Deb! I love all the pretty pink papers. It has been super cold here too. Below zero for over two days! Yuck! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet sweet Valentine! Love that background with the tiny hearts! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Very sweet card! Love that embossed tag! I do love that stamp set! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Marybeth said...

Nothing better than a hair cut we like! Yes, I say you did your exercise for the day.
Love your pretty pink card and its perfect for all the challenges you chose. Love the embossed hearts too.

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Deborah! You went all out on this one! It's got a fun and creative style, and then it also has lovely details!!!So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jackie said...

Small but perfectly formed, a beautiful little card :o)
Jackie xx

Tui Nathan said...

This is such a pretty card Deborah! I love that crossword image and I love what you have done here!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card Deborah and fabulous to be able to combine these great challenges!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love all the embossed detail and crossword sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

Pretty in pink is right...just the sweetest card.

Loll said...

Great layering of elements to create a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

Stacy H-W said...

Really beautiful card!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the embossing and the crossword puzzle!

Unknown said...

Great card Deborah. Love the embossed tag and the crossword sentiment. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at A2CAS.

Karen x

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute!! Love the texture and colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Anonymous said...

Super card with a beautiful layout and gorgeous embossing just perfect fo our challenge at Addicted to CAS, thanks so much for playing along this time and good luck.

Marie

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah, love that it is a tag card! thanks for sharing with us this week at the colourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah your card is stunning, I love the clean approach and that fun crossword. Sorry I am so late commenting, crazy week. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Dana said...

Wahoo for a workout and a new haircut too! I love the crossword sentiment. Such a great take on the love letters challenge! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays:)

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long
comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm
not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted
to say fantastic blog!

Here is my homepage; phaseshiftproductions.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...