Saturday 9 February 2013

Shabby Chic Layout .....

... Just a quick post to show you what I made today.  I attended a class to make a Shabby Chic Scrapbook page; our teacher was Valerie Brincheck.  I had such a fun day - lots of super ladies attended and we all came away with some beautiful pages. 

I used a photo of my Great Grandfather, Ernst Theodore Lobek, and my Great Grandmother, Isabel Denning - it's their engagement photo.  I never met them, but I'm so pleased to have a photo of them.  Here's the layout before adding colour.







And here's the same page once it had been spritized with a few mica sprays - so pretty!


I normally go for shades of blues, greens and purples, so this was a total change for me.  To be fair, the whole class was right out of my comfort zone!!  But I had so much fun.  We started by stamped a selection of images around the edge of the cream card and embossing them all with clear powder.  We then selected all our embellishments and did a layout - the cream one above.  Then I took a photo of the layout, as the next stage was to disassemble the page and start to glue and reassemble it!!  My finished page is pretty much as I wanted.  I'm so pleased how this turned out!  I think I'm going to have another go at this type of art!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an amazing difference between the before and after! I liked the layout anyway, but the colors really add another layer of beauty to it. Very pretty. ;-)

Pauline said...

So pretty Deborah, I love the warm misting and the fun embellishments. A very elegant work of art.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful page, I love it with and without the colour :o)
Jackie xx

Louise van Vuren said...

What a difference the misting makes! fantastic old photograph too. Hope you find time to join in with 52 CCT this week, in the meantime I have nominated you for the Liebster Award so please pop on over to my blog to check it out.

Louise xx

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! So not the Deb I know and love but absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the before and after color photos, too! Your misting is FABULOUS!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is amazing Deb...what great design and your clusters of embellishments are truly divine. Such a great layout!

Jacqueline said...

A gorgeous layout - fab misting and amazing details, it sounds like you had fun doing this - Jacqueline xx

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah, this is just so stunning! Great job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...