Friday 8 February 2013

Snowflakes and holly ....

....  Morning all - it's a very snowy morning today.  Kathryn has a Snow day - she's delighted and Jonathan has, wisely I think, decided to work at home.  So we're all safe and warm in the house, looking at a winter wonderland all around!!  All this snow is keeping me in Christmas mode!  Here's a card for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - 52CCT05-13 - the team have a sketch for us this week.  I've been pretty faithful to the sketch; here's my card:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage, Twas the Night Before Christmas, Compliments of the Season
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Gumball Green, Real Red
Dies: Spellbinders - Fleur De Lis Squares (S4-318) #2
Accessories: SU Design Paper - Real Red; Gold Linen Texture Card; Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch; Gems from stash, White Lustre Card

I started by embossing the front of the card with snowflakes.  Next I cut three gold squares using the ornate Fleur De Lis dies and a gold panel for the sentiment.  I stamped the holly leaf trio and berries three times and cut them out (didn't use the Cameo this time).  I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the panel, attached it to the gold mat and adhered it to the card base.  I glued the two other squares directly to the card base and used dimensional tape on the middle square.  Then I simply adhered the holly leaf trios and the berries.  I finished off the front of the card with a couple of snowflakes punched from patterned paper and added a gem on each.

For the inside of the card I cut a mat layer in the gold linen texture card and a white panel for the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment in red and added some holly leaf trios at the corners.

I really like these colours - they are bright and vibrant - perfect for a Christmas card.

That's all for now - I'm going back in my craft room to make a few more cards and then I'm going to play with Cameo.  Wherever you are, be safe.

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Keep warm - you'll have to do a snow photo from the window so we can see how bad you've got it. Gorgeous colour combo - the gold really makes it pop!

Ruth M said...

This is lovely Deborah, the gold card adds such a luxurious feel to your very festive card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT & I hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

Marybeth said...

Hope you all stay warm and cozy. Wow this card is stunning Deborah! Love the holly and the gold squares sooooo pretty!

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Christmas card Deborah just love your design....

Anne

Danielle Vincent said...

I LOVE it Deborah! The holly is bright and cherry and the gold behind it provides an elegant and festive feel. You followed the sketch wonderfully! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Louise van Vuren said...

Just gorgeous, love the gold behind the holly leaves too. Thanks for playing along with us again at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Anonymous said...

So what do you think about this snow you're having? Up for skiing? I love it when I don't have to go anywhere. Deborah, your card is such a stunner. So beautiful! Amazing attention to the details.

Mynn xx said...

No fair! I work for our local school district and we have not had a single snow day in a few years! ;) Send some of that snowy goodness our way!!! Anyway, this card is amazing, Deb! LOVE the gold--it really makes the bold green and red POP!!! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jackie said...

What a lovely card, love the textures :o)
Jackie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...