Tuesday 5 February 2013

Sympathy in kraft ....

.... Hi - I seem to have lost Monday!!  Actually, I spent the morning sorting out insurance information and arranging for repairs on Jonathan's car.  I found a local firm that, conveniently, has a car hire company next door.  Then I had to drive the car to the repair shop - it was horrid!!  I don't much like driving in the snow, but I did it and got home safely in the borrowed car.  It's nice too.  Then, as it was snowing, I settled down with a coffee and a book - only surfaced in time to get dinner for the family!! 

And today has been busy too.  I was out first thing shovelling the snow off the drive and paths - I've realised that this job is much, much easier so long as I don't allow the snow to build up too much.  Then it was on to more housey stuff!  But I've just managed to get an hour in my craft room and have made a card for a few challenges:



Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Thoughts & Prayers
Inks: SU - Crumb Cake
Accessories: SU Card - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; SU Design Paper - Crumb Cake; SU - Paper Piercing Essentials


I decided to make a sympathy card because they are so hard to make when you actually need one and the challenge at The Paper Players is to make one to have it ready for the time when it's needed.  I used the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping, but I played a bit with the actual layout.  I made the card base from Crumb Cake card.  The stamps worked better on a landscape layout, but I'm not too keen on folds at the top (I find they tend to slip), so I made the fold at the side.  I cut a mat from Crumb Cake design paper using the stripey side.  I cut a panel of Very Vanilla card and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the tree in the top left of the panel and the sentiment in the opposite corner.  I used the paper piercing guide to make the corner decoration. 

The inside is quite simple - a piece of Very Vanilla card onto which I stamped the leafy branch (using the second impression) and a simple sentiment.

Less is More is 2 years old - I've managed to play along with most of the challenges.  I'm working really hard to earn one of those coveted Showcased badges and I'm not sure whether this is clean and simple enough for Chrissie and Jen, but I'm submitting it anyway!  Here's hoping :)
 
Kathryn has just arrived home and I found a couple of boxes from Amazon on the doorstep!!!  My new Silhouette Cameo has arrived!  Off to unpack it and set it up - not sure when I'll be back :) :)  See you soon.

18 comments:

Ardyth said...

So pretty! I'm struggling with this one - these are not my usual colours at all!

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Deborah.

Donna x

Sue said...

Beautiful stamping and paper piercing, lovely card x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah ....enjoy your new 'toy' and I shall look forward to seeing what you make

Anne

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so soft and beautiful Deborah!
I know ,where did Monday go, and today.

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Deborah, it looks really delicate!
Thanks so very much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely stamping job with the tree shadow and the paper piercing is a nice touch. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

Your sympathy card is lovely. ;-) I agree that it's much easier to make a sympathy card beforehand than when the occasion arises.

Hope you have fun with your new Cameo! And good luck with the car repairs. ;-)

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, so tasteful, almost ethereal :o)
Jackie xx

Linda said...

This is so pretty, love the delicate look of the stamping. xx

Kristie said...

Very, very pretty card!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful and elegantly styled card. I love the DP layer peeking out from behind and the inside of the card just seals the deal. Have a great time falling in love with your silhoueete. I have with mine.

Sue Lelli said...

I have always LOVED that stamp set and your card is so FAB! LOVE how you pierced the holes in the corners. GREAT detail, Deb!

Jen Nelson said...

great double stamping

Thanks for joining us at our 2nd birthday celebrations this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Gibmiss said...

Hi adeborah
Fabulous kraft card..... Love it

Hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Patrice said...

You rock...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/02/52-card-pickup-26.html

stampwithsandy said...

Deborah, this card is so pretty, inside and out! Love the neutral colors you chose, and the piercing is great. Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Stella said...

Sympathy cards are not easy to create but the choice of colors; the beautiful stamps are making this card gorgeous. Heartwarmingl; it will bring comfort....

Enjoy your Silhouette!
XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...