Monday 11 February 2013

Uniko Studio - February Release Blog Hop ...

.... Good morning.  I've got some really exciting news - Beverley of Uniko Studios invited me to be Guest Designer for her February Release - it's been so hard to keep this secret.  But I can tell you today!!  Squeal!!!!  You should have arrived here from Stacey's blog.  If you haven't - go to the start at Beverley's blog to see what the team have made to share.  As well as the release, today Uniko Studio is a year old!  Congratulations Beverley!

 
Beverley is releasing two stamps sets and four sets of digital papers.  The stamp sets are Bright Butterflies and Label Love: Birthday, and the Digital Paper Collections are Big Birthday Wishes, Bright Butterflies Additions, Eclectic Mix Spring and Classics Spring.  I've gone slightly mad and made five cards!!  Well, I couldn't decide which is my favourite :) 


Here's my first card:


Stamps: Uniko Studies - Label Love: Birthday
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: Uniko Studios Design Paper - Big Birthday Wishes

The great thing about digital paper is that you can alter the size.  The papers come in 12" × 12", US Letter and A4 jpeg files - but when you print the paper you can size down to smaller.  So I printed the colour block paper at full size (A4) and the outline paper at half size (A5).  I stamped the parcel onto some plain white card and stamped the sentiment in the label area.  I stamped the parcel again onto the colour block paper and cut out the label area and adhered the two parts together with dimensional tape.  The is a square card measuring 5½" × 5½".

Next I decided to go for something a little more feminine and I used the Bright Butterflies stamps.


Stamps: Uniko Studies - Bright Butterflies, Gerbera
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Rose Red
Accessories: SU Design Paper - Daffodil Delight, SU Card - Crumb Cake; SU Markers; Staedtler Ergosoft Pencils; Gems from stash

I mixed one of my favourite sets - Gerbera - with the butterflies.  I stamped the outline flower in Crumb Cake and coloured it with pencils.  I stamped all three butterflies onto white card, cut them out, added some gems to them and attached them to the card - they are flying from the flower to the sentiment.  This card is 6¼" × 4½".




Accessories: Uniko Studios Design Paper - Big Birthday Wishes; SU Card - Pacific Point, Rose Red; SU Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

These cards really are simple to make.  I simply printed off one of the pages from the Design Collection and cut between the panels and then mounted the panels onto coordinating card.  I decided to add some glitter to the centre sections - horizontal on the blue card and vertical on the pink card.  This does take some time, but is really worth it - the stripes sparkle so much.  These card measure 8¼" × 41/8".

My last card used the Eclectic Mix Spring papers.


Stamps: Uniko Studies - Gerbera
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze
Dies: Marvellous Squares (S4-383) # 5 & 6
Accessories: Uniko Studios Design Paper - Eclectic Mix Spring; Sakura Stardust Pen Clear; SU Card - Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue; Card from stash

I printed these papers at half size (A5) and stamped the outline flower and leaves from the Gerbera set, and then cut them all out.  I coloured the centre of the flower with Sakura Stardust Pen.  I inked the edge of the card with Certainly Celery and adhered the bottom square, then stamped the sentiment in two colours.  I used dimensional tape to attached the top die cut square and gel adhesive for the flower and leaves.  This card measure 5½" square.

Before I go, I should mention that Beverley is offering a prize of the whole February 2013 Release (fabulous prize) - all you have to do is leave comments on the DT blogs - the more comments you leave the more chances of winning this super prize - the Blog Hop route is:

Deborah - that's me!

Do make sure you've visited the whole team! That's it - thanks for your patience!  Thanks again to Beverley for inviting me to join the Design for the February release - I've had such fun with these sets.  See you soon.

20 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Congrats on the GDT spot! You certainly made the most of the stash. I LOVE the Big Birthday Wishes cards - they are so bright and vibrant and the graphical details really pop.
Tara
x

Beverley said...

Hey Deborah! Thanks SO much for joining in on the fun this month at Uniko Studio. It certainly looks like you've had fun with the NEW products looking at all your FAB creations! I LOVE all your creations but I think the BIG Birthday Wishes cards are my FAVE, totally rocking the CAS style on these & the dazzling diamonds glitter is the perfect touch! Hugs Bev xx

Renuka said...

Love the colors.... each project is so unique..the bright butterflies.. the glitter strips... love it..

Jackie said...

Congratulations.
What a lot of very eyecatching cards :o)
Jackie xx

i'm with the band said...

Love them, Deborah! Nice work!

Miriam Prantner said...

Lovely cards! You did a great job!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards Deborah, your work is always so beautiful.

Vickie Z said...

Congrats to you!! All of these cards are fabulous!! Really like the B-Day cards with stripes of glitter!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic blog lаyout! How long haνe you been blogging for?

you make bloggіng look easy. The overall
look of your site iѕ wonderful, aѕ ωеll as thе content!
My webpage: www.mrpaydayloans.co.uk

Stamps and Paper said...

Congrats Deborah on your DT post....what a lovely collection of cards you have produced and such a lovely array of colours and designs..

Anne

Stacey Schafer said...

fabulous projects, Deborah!

Neets B said...

Wow what an honour to have the GD role, congrats. These are great, my fave is the last card, the spring papers are lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.
Great cards. Love the way you used the Big Birthday wishes digi paper. Thanks.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow beautiful work! Congrats on your GD!

Vicky Hayes said...

Congratulations Deborah - how lovely to see you guesting! The first card is definitely my favourite with its CAS and graphic feel. More snow here... Vicky x

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Deborah looks like you had a blast with the new Feb. release from Uniko! Can't think of anyone better to be Beverley's guest designer either! Fabulous cards!

Marybeth said...

Congrats…. Deborah! How fun is this news! So happy for you and so well deserved. Love all the projects you made. Love the flower one .

Kris in Alaska said...

Cute and more cute!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dto com

Grá O'Neill said...

Congratulations on the DT spot. You've made so many fabulous cards. Love the butterflies & big birthday wishes :)

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! You really made those stamps shine! Great way to show how versatile they are!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...