Sunday 10 February 2013

WMS February Christmas hearts ....

... Good afternoon - I'm late posting today - I've been playing in my craft room.  I've made a card for February's Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge - WMSCCC02-13.  This month the challenge is being hosted by Lynn and she has asked that we make a Christmas card but, as it's February and Valentine's is just round the corner, include a heart or two!!  Seems a perfect combination to me.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter, Ornate Ornaments, My Heart, Seasons of Love - Tags
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Early Espresso; Distress - Fired Brick, Evergreen Bough, Antique Linen; Versamark
Dies: Hearts - Cameo die cuts by Lori Whitlock
Accessories: Design Paper - My Mind's Eye Snowed In (Free with Cardmaking & Papercraft); White Lustre card from stash



For the layout I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday - MOJO279.  I decided to try and use some of the designer paper I have in my stash cupboard and I'm really pleased how it turned out. 

The pad of My Mind's Eye paper was free with a UK craft magazine last year and this is the first time I've used it!  I used a sheet of the robins and sentiment as the backing paper.  The red paper actually has some very subtle snowflakes on it, but I decided to over stamp with these sweet little hearts from Nordic Winter.  The banner was cut from another sheet in the pack - I cut around the scallops and used my hole punch to cut the holes!  The hearts were die cut on my new Cameo (which I think is wonderful!).  I shaded the large heart with Evergreen Bough and over stamped (second impression) with another of the border stamps from Nordic Winter.  I kept the greeting very simple inking it first with Versamark and then Fired Brick which allowed me to clear emboss the sentiment - you can see the shine in the photo!  I finished off with a couple more die cut hearts which I covered with the red paper.  I finished the front with this sweet robin cut from another of the papers in the pack. 

For the inside I cut another sheet of paper to make the backing mat and a piece of plain white card for the greeting.  I stamped the lovely wood grain leaf heart in Antique Linen and this gorgeous sentiment in Fried Brick.  I just love the way all Claire's stamp work so well together.

I know it might seem strange making Christmas cards in February, but it really does make sense to try and get ahead.  I don't want to have to spend most of November rushing around making cards like I did last year (and the year before!).  So do try to join the fun!!

I'm off back to my craft room to make a few more cards - I might even do another Christmas Heart card!  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is fabulous! I love the cute robins and all the hearts you managed to include.

Sarah x

Karen Stein said...

Love it Deb! Love the colors and the way you laid this out!

Stamps and Paper said...

Fabulous Christmas card Deborah great layout and love those stamps

Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...