Saturday 2 March 2013

Heartfelt Christmas Wishes and news .....

....  Good morning everyone!  I got some really exciting news, I've been picked to join the fabulous Design Team at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, along with Patricia and Sarah.  You should have seen me when I got the email, I was jumping up and down with delight when I got the news!!  And here I am with my first card for the team.

Louise is the hostess this month and she has a super sketch for us:


 I decided that this sketch called for some lovely Christmas papers and this is my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage; Love Santa (free with Cardmaking & Papercraft); SU - More Merry Messages
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Old Olive
Dies: Spellbinders - Marvellous Squares (S4-383) #4 & 5; WMS - Festive Foliage cut on Cameo
Accessories:  Kaisercraft - Christmas Paper (free with Simply Cards & Papercraft); Gold satin card, cream lustre card, ribbon and gems from stash

I found three coordinating papers in the Kaisercraft pack, used one to cover the card and cut the other two into squares and then triangles.  I took the top and bottom of one paper, and the left and right of the other and attached them to the card, allowing the plum paper to show through (I'll share the other card later this week).  I used dies to cut the ornate square in gold and a layer of cream onto which I stamped the greeting.  I wrapped some ribbon around the cream card and attached it to the gold.  I cut the holly and berries on my Cameo and stamped the images - this was so quick and easy to do!  I finished with some gems.

For the inside of the card I used another piece of plum paper for the mat and on the cream card I stamped some more holly and berries as a very simple sentiment.

Do check out the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog, as I know that the rest of the team have some wonderful inspiration cards to share with you.  Looking forward to seeing your lovely cards.

That's all for now - I'm off out today at some crafting classes in Northville with the fabulously talented Amy Flowers - I'll share photos later this week!

21 comments:

Darnell said...

Yippee!! I'm so happy for you, Deborah! You put a lot of work and care into your card and it's amazing!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Oh very well done - "when one door closes another one opens" comes to mind.
Love the way you've decorated the inside - striking & classy. Hope you have fun at the crafting session.
Paula (PEP)

Jacqueline said...

Welcome to the team Deborah, love how you created the centre of your card - gorgeous gold - Jacqueline xx

sarahstone said...

Deborah, I like your papers and your little holly leaves cut out. I was literally jumping up and down too when I heard the news!

Sarah

Stamps and Paper said...

Stunning card Deborah and love your gorgeous frame

Anne

Chrysalis said...

Congrats, Deborah - you deserve it and you'll be a real asset to the team! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Oh yes - I love the card, too x

Mynn xx said...

Welcome, welcome, friend!!! SO excited to have you with us! This is a stunning first piece--LOVE the gold satin paper--where did you get it?! Fabulously vintage and oh so lovely! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Congrats Deborah...how fun! Amazing card too, you will be so ready for Christmas when it gets here!

Jackie said...

Congratulations Deborah, you will be an asset to the team.
A beautiful card, I love the layout :o)
Jackie xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Welcome Deborah - so happy to have you with us at 52CCT each week! This card is a fabulous first start - just amazing! Very elegant and beautifully made. Hugs D

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Congrats on your DT spot and what a fabulous first card for them.
Caroline xxx

Charmaine Stack said...

So happy for you, Deborah. A well deserved honour, for sure. I like how you pieced the background here, and the WMS foliage. :-)

Patricia H said...

I love the gold frame showcasing the focal panel of the card! The designer papers are great, too.

I have to admit I did some "Tigger bouncing" when I received that email, too! :)

Julia Aston said...

Congrats to you Deb! nice job with what looks to me like a very difficult sketch! love that gold framing and the lovely holly!

Mona Pendleton said...

Yahooo! Congrats Deb! I know first hand that you make stunning Christmas cards! I hope to join along and not get caught at the last minute without enough made! This sample is gorgeous! Love the beautiful gold decorative frame!

Sue Lelli said...

Whoo! Hoo! I am so HAPPY for you Deb! CONGRATS! And such a pretty card for your start! LOVE the papers and the red gems! You Go Girl!

Vicky Hayes said...

That's great news Deborah! I often play along (when I have the time!) and it'll be lovely to see your gorgeous creations in the DT gallery. You've kicked off with a beauty - I love the way you kept white space in your central panel and that beautiful ornate frame. Vicky x

PS Was thinking of you on 1st March - a belated happy St Davids day!

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Deborah, love the vintage look. Huge congrats on the DT. :o)

Donna x

Louise van Vuren said...

WoW! Fantastic start to your 52CCT 'career' Love the way you've made this so simple and elegant, with the gold frame and white space. Beautiful papers too, in the muted colours. I am very happy to have such talented team mates.

Louise xx

Ruth M said...

Hello Deborah, it's so nice to have you designing with us at 52 {C}CT! You're off to a fine start, what a lovely card! I love the papers and the gold frame adds a perfect touch of luxury! Ruth x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Congrats on your new DT spot. Your card looks fabulous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...