Friday 24 May 2013

Birthday circles ....

... good afternoon.  I hope you're all having a super day.  It's absolutely beautiful here in Northville - bright blue skies, sunshine and quite cool temperatures.  It's warmed up from the almost freezing temp this morning to a pleasant 14°C, but the wind is really keen!  Enough of the weather - I managed to get some time in my craft room this afternoon and I've made a birthday card using a couple of challenges:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Curly Cute; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Zigs & Zags, Exclamations, Frankly
Inks: SU - Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, More Mustard
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags STAX #2
Accessories:  SU Design Paper - Fun Fiar, Print Poetry, Baja Breeze, Cajun Craze; SU Card - Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, More Mustard, Cajan Craze; White Lustre Card; SU Punches - 1" and ¾" circles, 7/8" scallop circle



I wasn't sure what to do with the colours from this week's Colour Q challenge - at least I wasn't until I saw the new sketch from Clean & Simple - I thought the colour would be perfect for the circles.  I don't have any Really Rust, so I used Cajan Craze instead.  I used a variety of SU card and paper to make the circles and cut the flag from some Baja Breeze (still sad this is going).  For the inside I used a couple of big sentiments - after all a birthday is a time to celebrate.

That's all for now - Kathryn has just come in from school.  It's a long weekend because of Memorial Day.

Don't forget to come by tomorrow to see the new challenge from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - we have a fun one for you!  See you soon.


10 comments:

chera said...

Love the details you used in some of the circles!! Great take of the sketch!!!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card Debirah love your colours and design

Anne

Bev said...

Your card is super, and a great use of the DP's.

Bev x

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb! Hope you have a fun and safe holiday weekend!

Jen Mitchell said...

You totally rocked these two challenges! I took one look at that sketch and ran for the hills! I love your very cool combination of patterns on this beauty! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Wow, I love what you did with the two challenges - I would find those colours tough, but you really did great with them!

THanks for pointing out my date error on the FF blog - scatterbrain moment!

I am so glad you are excited about our challenge - I hope you'll play again!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Deborah, I love how you created circle elements with patterned paper. Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Natasha said...

Lovely creation!

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I have tons of scraps that would work perfect for this. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Yapha said...

Great card, I love what you did with those circles! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...