Friday 3 May 2013

It will be ok ....

... Hi - just a quick post today with a card for a few challenges:


Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Breath
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Dies: Spellbinders - Rectangles Lg (S4-132) #5; Simon Says Stamp! - Sayings Banner
Accessories: White Lustre Card

 

The restriction on the LIM sketch is that it must remain in the same orientation and for a while I couldn't think what to do.  But then I had a light bulb moment :)  I cut the rectangular panel with my Spellbinder die and then stamped this fab flourish in bold colours.  I die cut the banner from matching white card and simply stamped the sentiment in the centre.  I attached the coloured panel with dimensional tape and simply glued the banner in place.

I like the colours - bold, bright and not too feminine, which is good, as this is going off to my son Ben.  He's having a bit of a time of it - as teenage boys do.  And this will be to remind him that I'm here for him and will love him whatever!

At long last it seems that spring has arrived in Michigan - we've had some wonderful days and this weekend looks like it'll be rather nice too.  Which is a good thing, as we're heading off to a tulip display tomorrow!  Check back later to see the photos!  Bye for now.

15 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this Deborah...such a great set, and one of my new favorites. Love what you have done with it! Well done, my friend.

Sue said...

A beautiful CAS card, Deborah! Fabulous combination of the challenges and great use of the colours. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Chrissie said...

This looks super Deborah, so clean and fresh!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Ji Hye said...

I love the stripes! Are they stamps, or did you drew them yourself? Really a great card..

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh nice job Deborah with all the challenges. Quite a stunning effect the three colors have on this CAS design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Happy Dance said...

Your card really caught my eye. Love all that yummy white space with the bold pops of color. Really great. Bev

Kylie said...

LOVE it, Deborah! Great use of our colours for this perfectly CAS card. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb! Hope you have a great weekend!

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah I love that stamp set, beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Love that CAS-ual Fridays stamp and how you've let it shine on your card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Maureen Merritt said...

CAS at its best! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week.

Ardyth said...

I love this stamp and you've used it perfectly! So calm and soothing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, this is a very cool card, great strips of color...perfect for your teenage son, no doubt! I love the banner sentiment, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

love those bold strokes of color... fantastic card! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Cazro said...

A super great original card. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicdted to Stamps and More. Caz DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...