Saturday 20 July 2013

A Christmas recipe ....

.... Hello!!  Patricia has a lovely challenge for us this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - it's a recipe.  She'd like us to make a card using the following recipe:
  • One ribbon
  • Two design papers
  • Three gems - they can be crystals, pearls or a combination
Here's my take on the challenge:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 20 (S5-026) # 4
Accessories: Papermania - Festive Frolics DP; Cuttlebug EF - Snowflakes; WMS - Lace Ribbon; K & Co Chipboard Letters; White Lustre Card; Gems
 

I was a bit stumped by the recipe at first, but once I decided to spell out the word "JOY" - it was much easier to work out how to use the two papers!  I picked two patterns Festive Frolics (I've had this pad a while) and decided to use the red paper for the background and to cover the letter "O"; I used a paler green for the letters "J and Y".  The chipboard letters came in a pack with decorations, so I first had to remove the gems and sand off the paper and glitter.  I ran my selected DPs through my Xyron and adhered the paper to the letters.  Using my scalpel I cut off the excess and sanded off the edges to make sure that the papers wouldn't lift off the letters. I added this pretty white lace ribbon to the card and over the top I put the die cut shape which I'd embossed with snowflakes.  I adhered the letters with Glossy Accents and applied three gems!

For the inside I used some more of the pale green paper to make a mat layer and stamped a simple sentiment in pale grey on the white panel.


Do go to the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the Design Team - they are just awesome!

That's all for now - hope you have a super weekend.  Bye for now.

14 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely Deborah - but all that work!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the way you used the pale green paper for the inside mat - very effective.
Paula (PEP)

Ruth M said...

This is lovely Deborah, you've done a fab job with the recipe! The lace is a sweet accent! Have a great weekend! Ruth x

Charmaine Stack said...

Pretty! I like how you embossed the label.

Jackie said...

What a lot of beautiful cards since my last visit :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your take on this design your Deborah...Pretty papers and lovely embossing.. I too have now joined Blogvin...I am now following you on this...

Anne

Stella said...

The sentiment caught my eye but I also love the background. A non traditional color is always fab!(is it coral?) Love how this card turned out!
XX

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Deborah...just beautiful.

Danielle Vincent said...

I love that lace ribbon and the way you spaced your gems on the letters. Very lovely card Deborah. Hugs D

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! Love the embossed label!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Deborah, so many delicious details!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Christmas card, love the added lace!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card Deborah - fab sentiment too - Jacqueline xx

Rosmarie said...

What pretty colors for this Christmas card! I love the lace and the big letters.
Thank you very much for your nice comment Deborah!
Hugs Rosi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...