Saturday 27 July 2013

Christmas Embellishment Challenge ....

.... Good morning all!  I didn't manage to get into my craft room until yesterday when I suddenly realised I hadn't made my card for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge!  As you can imagine, that caused a bit of a panic!  Patricia has a fabulous challenge for us this week - she wants us to use stitching on our cards.  The stitching can be real or faux (which is good for me), but we do need to SEE your stitching and a single stitch doesn't count!!!  Here's my take on the challenge:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas, Compliments of the Season; My Favourite Things - Christmas Sentiments
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies:  Lil' Inkers - Stitched Squares # 6 & 7; Spellbinders - Eyelet Circles (S4-304) # 3
Accessories:  Kaisercraft DP - Holly Bright; White Lustre Card; Gems; Micron Pen

I'm so glad that we're able to use faux stitching as my sewing machine is still not set up and my hand stitching isn't great.  I decided to use one of my favourite Christmas sets from Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas, and that hard part was picking the image to use.  I settled on the holly leaf and star, which I stamped onto patterned paper and cut out.  I used the same paper to make the backing panel, which I cut out using the Stitched Square die.  I used the largest of the Stitched Square dies to embossed stitches on the edge of the card base, which I then coloured in with a Micron pen.  After cutting the circle I stamped on a simple greeting and added a few stars as well as some gems.  Despite having several layers, this card is reasonably flat so should go through the post at regular cost!  I used the sketch, adapted for a square card, from this week's My Favourite Things Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC134 for the layout of my card.


For the inside I used another sheet of paper from the pack and layered on a white panel onto which I stamped a bold Christmas sentiment.


I do like these papers - they have a lovely vintage feel.  Do visit the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with this week's challenge!

Hopefully, now that I've managed to get back in to my craft room, I'll get back into playing along with some more challenges. 

That's all for now - I do hope you have a good weekend.  I've got a bit (LOT) of weeding to do today, but after that I'm going to play and make some cards.  See you soon.

10 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely card Deborah. Hope things are settling down after the holiday.

sarahstone said...

Hi Deborah! You did a great job with your stitching. It really looks fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

Great card, Deb! LOVE the faux stitching detail!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all the "stitched" elements on this card, Deb! And I adore that red and white patterned paper--so festive! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Great Christmas card Deborah love your colours

Anne

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah, just too cute!

Ruth M said...

A really festive card Deborah, with such a warm and cosy vibe! That was the perfect set to use for this challenge! Great traditional colours and I love the gems highlighting the 'sparkle' sentiment! Have a great week! Ruth x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the effect of stitching on stamped images & WMS do it very well indeed. The papers look super as you've used them too. Good old traditional imagery & colours.
Paula (PEP)

Jacqueline said...

This is beautiful- love the stitching details and the colours you have used - Jacqueline xx

Patricia H said...

Those images with the blanket stitching detail are perfect for this week's 52CCT challenge! :) The faux stitches you added along the edges of the panels accent the card nicely, and the tiny bits of bling are the perfect finishing touch to go along with the sentiment.
Of all the cards you've made for 52CCT, this is one of my favorites! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...