Saturday 13 July 2013

Christmas warmth ....

.... Hi - welcome to another scheduled post, by the time this goes live Kathryn and I should be at the airport waiting to board the plane for our flight back to the States.  Patricia has picked some wonderful colours for this week's challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - deep red, dark green, dark brown and ivory/vanilla - the colours are so warm and rich.  Here's my take on the colours:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Bright Season, Festive Foliage, Little Lanterns, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 20 (S5-026) #4
Accessories:  SU Card - Early Espresso, Very Vanilla; Crafter's Companion - Spray & Sparkle Gold; Sakura Stardust Pen; SU Markers - Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Always Artichoke, Garden Green; Clear Embossing Powder. 



I took the inspiration for this design from the photo on our graphic, using the candle and foliage.  I made the card from Early Espresso and cut a panel in Very Vanilla onto which I stamped the pine cone branch.  I used markers to get some shading on the pine cones and pines.  I die cut some vanilla card and made the mat layer by cutting around the outside of the die with my scalpel.  I stamped the lantern and candle directly onto the vanilla shape, added the light rays and drew over them with a clear Sakura Stardust pen.  I stamped the lantern in Versamark onto Early Espresso card and heat embossed with clear powder, then I carefully cut it out.  To add a touch more sparkle I sprayed the cut out lantern with Crafter's Companion Gold Sparkle - has a lovely shimmer - which you can see here.  The image is deliberately blurred to allow the sparkle to show (all the in focus images don't really show the shine).


The inside is quite clean and simple - a sentiment stamped in Early Espresso and another little lantern in the corner.


That's all for now - don't forget to visit the blog and check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team - they are just lovely!  Have a good weekend and I'll be back soon with some "live" posts!!  Bye for now.

12 comments:

Ruth M said...

Hi Deborah, your sparkly lantern and festive foliage make a perfect Christmas card, full of warmth! Love that gorgeous little lantern inside too!

Hope you had a safe and pleasant journey home! Ruth x

Paula (PEP) said...

Have a safe journey. It's the pine cones & branches that grab my attention plus the way you've hung that lantern from the die-cut.
Paula (PEP)

Stamps and Paper said...

Deborah I am so sorry I haven;t commented for a while, we were away when blogger disappeared and I am just checking to see which blogs I still have....
Love your gorgeous Christmas card

Anne

sarahstone said...

This is a pretty card, Deborah. I like your lantern, and especially the little branches with the pine cones!

Kim Heggins said...

Another fabulous Christmas card...love it.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very beautiful Deb!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Deborah - stunning card that lantern is fabulous - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I love that lantern Deborah! The inside is really pretty too. Nice job.

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all that beautiful shine, Deb! This is a gorgeous card--the lantern theme is fabulous! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Marybeth said...

I have some catching up to do. Welcome home ! This is another gorgeous Christmas card, love the WMS lantern and the way you make it glow!

Patricia H said...

The shimmer to the lantern is a festive touch! I like that you've decorated the inside of your card a bit, too. :)

Julia Aston said...

Hi Deborah! I just love these lanterns - they make for wonderful Christmas cards! love the sparkle you added to the glow!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time on your visit back home - you missed some really HOT weather!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...