Wednesday 31 July 2013

One for four ....

... Good afternoon from a somewhat dull, grey and rather humid Northville! Not easy to take photos when it's like this, so please excuse the photo!  I've made a card and managed to use four challenges to make it, and they are:


Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Chemistry
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Lil' Inkers - Instant Camera Die
Accessories: Stampin' Up Card - Smokey Grey; Promarkers - Cyan, Sunflower, Pumpkin, Cool Grey 1 & 3; White Lustre Card



The Male Room is a new challenge that launched today and, as the name says, focuses on projects for Men/Boys.  I know that lots of people aren't too keen on guy cards, but I really enjoy making them, so I had to play along with their inaugural challenge - it's an easy one too - as Anything Goes!!!  I've also managed to play along with Muse this week - just love Lynn Mangan's inspiration card and have used the layout for my card.  This week's Colour Throwdown challenge are bold and bright and I think perfect for a guy card.  Finally, I'm submitting this to the Sweet Stamp Shop challenge to "Use What you Have".  I've have a super stash of SSS stamps and I've had the chemistry set for a while (I'm a science nerd) and haven't inked it up before, so that's the one I'm using!  I'm trying to build a stash of cards to send to Ben - I try to send one a week - and I think he'll like this theme!

I cut the Camera die twice - once in grey and one in white.  I stamped the flask image directly onto the white panel, used the second impression and then coloured it with Promarkers.  I stamped the chemical symbols onto another scrap of card and cut them out and adhered them over the flask.  I stamped the bulb onto some more scrap, coloured with Promarkers and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  I love the fun sentiment - Ben might think it means him :))  Here's a photo of my SSS stash - got lots of ideas for the new ones!


Well, I think that's all for today.  I've off to get dinner ready.  Kathryn is having a friend over for a sleepover tonight - she's so excited!!

23 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

A really clever card Deborah perfect for a mans cards

Anne

Ardyth said...

We must have the same weather - can not get a decent photo! Way to combine challenges - I knew the scientist in you would love this set! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun take on Lynn's Muse card! Great masculine theme and I'm loving the light bulb!

Sue Lelli said...

Your CARD is GENIUS for a guy! LOVE it Deb! And that's quite a stash, GF!

Peanut said...

A thinking man's card, Deborah...and a perfect combo of colours. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Always a pleasure to hear from you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card, love your pops of colour :)

Tara Cardwell said...

Great combo of challenges - love how you used the colours but kept it so masculine.
A new stamp company to check out for me too - oh dear ;-)
Congrats on the WM win also!
Tara
x

Darnell said...

Genius is right, Deborah! Genius card and genius combining of challenges!!

And genius shopping! I don't feel alone in my addiction now that I see that pile of never-before-used schtuff (NBUS)! Have fun playing with your new goodies!!

Broni said...

What a great CAS design and a great use of the colors!! I'm so glad you played along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

lostinpaper said...

What a fun combo for these challenges, I have not (ahem) acquired any SSS stamps yet... maybe I may just *need* some. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Vickie Z said...

Deb- this is perfect and fun!!

Kim Heggins said...

Too cute...love it and what a great way to make a fun card.

Skye said...

A fun card and a very clever combination of challenges.

Lynn said...

Such s cleve, clever card. I love how you interpreted the challenges. Thanks so much for playing along with the MUSe challenge.

Cazro said...

A fantastic card for our first challenge at The Male Room. Thanks so much for joining in with us. I love your stash of SSS stamps, I can see the potential of lots of Male cards for the future, hope we will be seeing you again. Caz

landerson213 said...

So adorable! I just love the science interpretation of the Muse card! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Kathryn L said...

Such a great card. Fabulous take on the Muse!

Deni(se) said...

So original! Definitely one of my favorites.

Stempelomi said...

stunning!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun masculine card! Made me smile! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Louise van Vuren said...

Lovely card Deborah,love the zany idea!- perfect for our first challenge at The Male Room, thanks for joining in with the fun.

Louise xx

Michele Duffy said...

This was a fantastic way to use the Chemistry set! Love it!

Sian Ridley said...

Ha ha! I love this! It is what is says on the tin - genius! And look at all those new stamps! Wow! Have fun with those :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...