Saturday 6 July 2013

Peace and Goodwill ....

... Hello again, time for another scheduled post.  It's the first Saturday in July and that means a sketch challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Here's my take on the sketch:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Seasonal Remedies; Stampin' Up! - More Merry Messages
Inks: Distress - Antique Linen, Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries; SU - Early Espresso
Dies: Spellbinders - Small Labels (S4-169) #5, Large Labels (S4-168) #4
Accessories:  My Mind's Eye DP - Snowed In (FOC with Cardmaking & Papercraft); Ribbon, White Lustre Card; SU - Naturals Ivory Card


I decided to go a little vintage with this card.  These papers were free with a British craft magazine and were just what I wanted.  I used the star burst paper to cover the base of the card and then sponged the edges a little.  I cut a mat from one of the coordinating papers and stamped the label onto some white card.  I tried to match the colour of the backing mat by mixing Festive Berries and Ripe Persimmon.  I sponged the label to tone down the white and finished with a ribbon for the tag.  For the inside I used more of the star burst paper and sponged the edges.  I cut a panel of natural card and stamped on a simple sentiment.


That's all for now - do check out the blog to see what the rest of the team have made with this sketch!  See you soon.

10 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

So CUTE with those tags, Deb! LOVE the BG paper bunches!

Paula (PEP) said...

I like your interpretation of the sketch - especially the way the stamped images pick up the colours in the background paper.
Paula (PEP)

Jacqueline said...

Love the ticket shaped panels Deborah - gorgeous colours too - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

That ticket stamp is beautiful! LOVE the vintage feel and that amazing patterned paper! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Ruth M said...

Great take on the sketch Deborah, I love those labels and the vintage feel of your card! Ruth x

Patricia H said...

I wouldn't have thought to use that designer paper for a Christmas card, but you've pulled it together nicely with the stamp. Very cool!

Louise van Vuren said...

Great use of your free papers!Love the vintage label stamp, which is perfect for this sketch. Great job!

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Deborah - I must say that I also really love the ticket shapes on this fabulous card. It's really terrific. Hugs D

Marybeth said...

Love the ticket on your card. Tickets and tags look great on cards. I love the bit of sponging you did .

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the WM label and mix of colored inks! Have a great vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...