Thursday 8 August 2013

Colour wheels ...

.... Morning all!  You know when you have a "brilliant" idea and then when you do it, you find it wasn't quite such a good idea - well, my card today is a perfect example!!!  I used the following challenges to make it:

Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Colour Wheel; The Stamps of Life - Words4crayons
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Circles Lg (S4-114) #5, On the Edge (S5-168)
Accessories:  Various designs papers and card scraps (too many to mention); White Lustre Card; SU Marker Pens - Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point; Hessian Ribbon



So what was my brilliant idea?  Part of the UWYH challenge is to work on the stash you have and I have a large vast collection of paper and card scraps.  And, as I like to paper piece and I thought it would be a great way to use up some of this stash.  I obviously didn't think it through very well, as it took me ages to stamp and piece the colour wheel!!! While I'm delighted with how it turned out - I'm not sure I'll be doing it again soon :)  Here's a close up of the colour wheel showing the different papers and card I used, and you can see the tiny button too - matched to the scalloped trims.


Here are a few photos of some of my paper stash - I really must use it more often, but on a less time consuming project :)




As I type this post - I'm listening to Richard Thompson's 1000 Years of Popular Music on Spotify - such a good album and really puts you in a great mood for the day!  Here's a link to a quick review of some of the songs on the album:



That's all for now - have a great day!

10 comments:

Delia said...

I love it. That colorwheel stamp is great. Your paper stash must be much more varied than mine as I'm sure I couldn't find all those colours! Well done for sticking with it, the finished result is fab.

Delia said...

I love it. That colorwheel stamp is great. Your paper stash must be much more varied than mine as I'm sure I couldn't find all those colours! Well done for sticking with it, the finished result is fab.

Maja said...

Beautiful colourfull card :)

Jeanne J. said...

I think this is amazing Deborah - so many pretty colors, patterns and textures. I'm sure it was a lot of work but wow - just look at what all that effort was for! Amazing!

Charmaine Stack said...

It might have been fussy - but it was worth it! A great card. I have been thinking I would like to create a colour wheel with all my inks to see what gaps I need to fill in. You have reminded me of the idea. Must get to it!

Tara Cardwell said...

Well it looks bloody brilliant but you must be totally bonkers cutting out all those bits! I thought it was a cameo cut before I read the post!
Tara
x

Kelly Griglione said...

Now that is sure a labor of love, and I do love it! Especially how you used patterned paper to give it even more interest. So glad you played at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful and clever! Love your colorwheel and how you added the button to the center!
Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Jingle said...

This is just awesome! Beautiful paper selection! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

I just love your card and pinned it immediately! Thanks for the heads up about time consuming but isn't all of our scrapping just that? LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...